• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ultra Feet Mc Edition - with their LABORATORY TESTS results

ronorn

Hi.
Any advice on Ultra Feet Mc Edition ?
The company added LABORATORY TESTS results ...
Thanks.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 11.07.29.png

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
The graphs show accelerometer measurements demonstrating a resonance damping effect. This is interesting, but irrelevant. What needs to be done is to measure the audio parameters with and without dampers.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The graphs show accelerometer measurements demonstrating a resonance damping effect. This is interesting, but irrelevant. What needs to be done is to measure the audio parameters with and without dampers.
Someone should clamp an modern amp to a paint shaker and measure and we be done with this :)

OP
R

ronorn

to purchase these or not ? as in any case i will not hear any difference with or wthout …

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
to purchase these or not ? as in any case i will not hear any difference with or wthout …
Who knows? Read what I said above. Unless you test a device's audio properties with and without the isolating feet (whilst defining the source of the resonance noise), you've no idea whether it is worth the money.

OP
R

ronorn

Who knows? Read what I said above. Unless you test a device's audio properties with and without the isolating feet (whilst defining the source of the resonance noise), you've no idea whether it is worth the money.
Thanks.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Modern electronics are not in general microphonic if well designed some tube amps can be . It s not a problem to be solved .
Possibly under a TT but it should already have its own well designed suspension ?

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
"We added some graphs to make it look like we tested something, but we're not going to tell you what" - I'm guessing from the accelerometer on top of the mass, with the original foot and their new one between the mass and the vibration table. It looks like there's a poorly damped peak at a frequency that could be excited by a subwoofer, but otherwise good at blocking vibration.

What it doesn't show is whether the McIntosh electronics are actually sensitive to vibration at the levels you're likely to encounter. If you wanted to demonstrate it _really_ made a difference you would show the output from the electronics before and after.

OP
R

ronorn

"We added some graphs to make it look like we tested something, but we're not going to tell you what" - I'm guessing from the accelerometer on top of the mass, with the original foot and their new one between the mass and the vibration table. It looks like there's a poorly damped peak at a frequency that could be excited by a subwoofer, but otherwise good at blocking vibration.

What it doesn't show is whether the McIntosh electronics are actually sensitive to vibration at the levels you're likely to encounter. If you wanted to demonstrate it _really_ made a difference you would show the output from the electronics before and after.
Iv'e sent the manufacture request for addional Grafs ...

Top Bottom