• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

On-Ceiling Speakers Advice for 3,456 Cubic Feet Basement Home Theatre with Floor Plan & Photos

rolltide

Hello friends - I need advice on installing on-ceiling speakers in my basement home theatre. I have included an overhead and side view floor plan I made in Figma and photos of the basement.

The main floor is above the basement so there's no attic access, and I'd prefer on-ceiling as opposed to in-ceiling. I will run 16 gauge copper speaker wire through the walls and ceiling to the speaker locations. There is an HVAC closet and tunnel that contains ducts which limits the space I have to work with.

I included four on-ceiling speakers in the floor plan, but am not sure if it would be better to just have two given the space constraints. The side view floor plan has the front on-ceiling speakers vertically angled at 45 degrees and the rear on-ceiling speakers angled at 25 degrees (I know this isn't ideal and am open to other ideas).

Setup:
  • Denon AVR-X3800H
  • SVS Ultra Center, two Ultra Bookshelves (front right and left), two Ultra Surrounds, and two Ultra Bookshelves (rear right and left)
  • Pre-ordered Power Sound Audio EV1813M with June ETA to go in the northwest corner (near the front right speaker)
  • 15 amp circuit breaker
Floor plan key:
  • Red: ceiling joists
  • Orange: furniture
  • Green: On-ceiling (Atmos) speakers
  • Blue: SVS Ultra speakers
On-ceiling speaker ideas (open to any other ideas):
  • Definitive Technology AW5500
  • Definitive Technology AW6500
  • ELAC Debut 2.0 OW4.2 (with a ceiling mount)
  • Focal 100 OD6
  • Focal 100 OD8
  • JBL SCS 8
  • Klipsch AW-400
  • Klipsch AW-650
  • Klipsch CP-6
  • Klipsch RSM-400
  • Yamaha NS-AW294
  • Yamaha NS-AW390
  • Yamaha NS-AW392
  • Yamaha NS-AW592
If you could please provide your advice on the on-ceiling speakers (or anything else) I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

1.png

2.png

3.jpeg

4.jpeg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg
7.jpeg
8.jpeg
9.jpeg
10.jpeg
11.jpeg
13.jpeg