• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Stereophile's snide editorial on ASR and Amir

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
opinions are like arseholes...everyone has one.
This is not an opinion, it’s a fact. It means “The law of retaliation”. A retaliation is done after some action from the opposing size. It is not an offensive move.

pma

Major Contributor
It's not too late to quit! :p

Last time I was in the continent, I saw that it was possible to learn Latin. There were even dictionaries.
Yeah, surprisingly there was something even before 1776 and English is not the only language in this world ;).

Waxx

Major Contributor

Last time I was in the continent, I saw that it was possible to learn Latin. There were even dictionaries.
Latin is even teached in schools (the local high school equivalent) to the more intelligent among us (at least in Belgium). I had 2 years of Latin before i started to become a scum punk and did neglect school. We can also learn old greek if we want btw...

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Diana Krall does not make the most annoying music ever. Please pick on someone more annoying like Justin Bieber or accept different music taste. I also get tired of the death metal sometimes, it is not the only music taste. For example Chemical Breath I was listening, no one ever heard of the band in 1990s almost and the sound quality of the recording is so bad that it can be annoying. A lot of the extreme metal has like zero sound quality:p

Trell

Major Contributor
Diana Krall does not make the most annoying music ever. Please pick on someone more annoying like Justin Bieber or accept different music taste. I also get tired of the death metal sometimes, it is not the only music taste. For example Chemical Breath I was listening, no one ever heard of the band in 1990s almost and the sound quality of the recording is so bad that it can be annoying. A lot of the extreme metal has like zero sound quality:p

Who is Justin Bieber?

I've got exactly one MCH SACD by Diana Krall that I found, let's say, not interesting. The title of the SACD escapes me for the moment, but I think it has the Love in the title, or something like that.

In any case, I've great hopes that this will eventually finance my retirement once the current craze about click-spot-spittle-crackle of completely analogue in theory, except in the real world, records.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Diana Krall gets quoted because her music is a combination of showcase production and programme that is relatively easy for a system to reproduce. Even a boutique audiophile system with high noise and distortion and an FR like the Alps.

There's plenty of other examples of that but Krall has become the default since pretty much everyone has heard of her. Not a criticism of her music at all.

birdog1960

Still taught at most Catholic schools here and used in services. Guess you don't appreciate my humor. Here's another American idiom: Lighten up Francis!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Still taught at most Catholic schools here and used in services. Guess you don't appreciate my humor. Here's another American idiom: Lighten up Francis!
No.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I was just listening to Charlie Parker. Thanks for the recomendations.
I know Extreme Metal production is many often times terrible. But at the same time, it is a lot less boring than Diana Krall and most audiophile, standard showcase music.

Latin is even teached in schools (the local high school equivalent) to the more intelligent among us (at least in Belgium). I had 2 years of Latin before i started to become a scum punk and did neglect school. We can also learn old greek if we want btw...
Over here it is a standard part of the humanities curriculum in high school. I studied it for 4 years and still become scum. But hey, most of the "terrible production music" I listen to uses it every once in a while, so I kind of keep it fresh.

Last edited:

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was just listening to Charlie Parker. Thanks for the recomendations.
I know Extreme Metal production is many often times terrible. But at the same time, it is a lot less boring than Diana Krall and most audiophile, standard showcase music.

Over here it is a standard part of the humanities curriculum in high school. I studied it for 4 years and still become scum. But hey, most of the "terrible production music" I listen to uses it every once in a while, so I kind of keep it fresh.
people getting off lightly here, I had five years of compulsory Latin. Nothing last longer than a Latin lesson. Although I've since concluded that the central purpose of Jesuit schooling was to make the student indifferent to suffering - both his own and that of others. That actually turned out to be quite handy, as it happens.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
people getting off lightly here, I had five years of compulsory Latin. Nothing last longer than a Latin lesson. Although I've since concluded that the central purpose of Jesuit schooling was to make the student indifferent to suffering - both his own and that of others. That actually turned out to be quite handy, as it happens.
Latin is incredibly useful when you study History or Philosophy. On top of that, it also improves your Spanish, Italian, French, Catalan...

This thread peaked when we all united in envy surrounding a dogs ability to self fellate.
I prefeer pig´s orgasms. And blood sausage.

egellings

Major Contributor
I was forced to take Latin in high school. I have not had a need for it at all as an EE, now retired. Still remember the declensions and conjugations, though.

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Diana Krall gets quoted because her music is a combination of showcase production and programme that is relatively easy for a system to reproduce. Even a boutique audiophile system with high noise and distortion and an FR like the Alps.

There's plenty of other examples of that but Krall has become the default since pretty much everyone has heard of her. Not a criticism of her music at all.
Actually Vacceo had a bit of fun with calling Diana Krall boring and bad music as well as other criticism, that does not make much sense to me when it sounds like so much other jazz pop. About 30 search results here

I am not sure the artist made that music just to be a showcase of sound quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom