• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Where are you from/located?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thankyou. Despite being tired, I can do some rough calculations. Just for fun, take off a buck a day for that stuff. $74 for 528 kWh usage.

Correct me if I am wrong, but that is about 7.13 14 cents per kWh. (edit - I got the reciprocal upside down.)

Now try 30 plus cents, from a country with some of the most abundant coal and uranium reserves on the planet.

My head shrinks.
53 Australian cents per KWh here and I think it's going up again soon.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Now try 30 plus cents, from a country with some of the most abundant coal and uranium reserves on the planet.

My head shrinks.
I hear ya, you can thank the BS politicians and environmentalists for that.
And then they want us all in electric cars too. :mad:

Noske

I hear ya, you can thank the BS politicians and environmentalists for that.
And then they want us all in electric cars too. :mad:

Know that it is not prudent to discuss politics here.

I'd enjoy an electric car - they have astonishing torque. Nice toy.

They are cheap, they emit no carbon dioxide and there are no issues with the batteries. Poes law.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am Dutch, born and raised in the centre of Holland, near the IJsselmeer lake. I still live there. Forests and big lake nearby, what more do you want.
Not to ever NEED long pants & a long sleeve shirt would make it perfect.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Not to ever NEED long pants & a long sleeve shirt would make it perfect.
AMEN on that.
I moved from Chicago to Central FL 15+ years ago and you couldn't get me back up north with a bomb!

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
AMEN on that.
I moved from Chicago to Central FL 15+ years ago and you couldn't get me back up north with a bomb!
I think that if it snows enough to ski on (even if their are no hills, just cross country style skiing, it needs to be at least 4 hours driving time at 80 MPH away from me.
Or I'll need to move a bit closer towards the equator.
Charleston, SC gets to cold for me & it, on average, only seems to snow here (with something that will stick a day or 3) about once every 4 -8 years.
My wife's home town gets about half of that action & it's too cold for her.
Looks like, if we stay in the USA, Florida or the Gulf Coast or back to some of them islands in Oceana are the only places. Otherwise, it's some other country.

psoas10

It was 80 degrees and sunny today. But it is very expensive here. .39 kWh for electricity and most companies charge for shipping. At least Amazon prime is free for most things.

BR52

Addicted to Fun and Learning
AMEN on that.
In Sommer time Chicago is a beautiful place, winter time you have to love it. (;-)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I think that if it snows enough to ski on (even if their are no hills, just cross country style skiing, it needs to be at least 4 hours driving time at 80 MPH away from me.
The only skiing I was ever interested in was on water in the summer. ;)
Too old for all that now.

Reactions: EJ3

Owltiger2057

Forum Donor
Hi all.
I'm another lurker who has dropped in over the years because of other links citing sources from this group. Finally, decided why get second hand news and joined this week. Currently living just outside of Chicago in the small town of Crestwood. Just retired for the 3rd time and pretty sure this one will stick. Retired from the Army first (when people shoot you it's time to change jobs). Retired from an accounting Firm (Arthur Andersen) when we were shut down for cheating people (I worked IT research), and then joined Southwest Airlines as an instructor for safety, security, and CPR. Retired, luckily, just before Covid. Now, I build gaming computers for friends, rescue Savannah cats from nitwits and chase my wife around the house a lot. Looking forward to finally updating my antique Sony AVR, buying some real speakers (Have old Bose 201s) and my JBL sub from another century.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Retired from the Army first (when people shoot you it's time to change jobs).
Welcome home Brother, thanks for your service.
US Army, RVN 1969-70
Get a good new AVR and speakers, todays world of multich music is incredible!
Quit going back to work and enjoy your retirement, you've earned it !

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The only skiing I was ever interested in was on water in the summer. ;)
Too old for all that now.
I did a lot more of that 2 hours a day, 3 days a week, from Mach-October at least, every year from when I was 12 to 18, which is likely why I keep having these damn basil cell carcinomas & melanoma's showing up lately, not to mention early onset cataracts.
Those things that we did having fun keeping in shape, came back to bite us in the a$$ once we hit retirement age or thereabouts.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Those things that we did having fun keeping in shape, came back to bite us in the a$$ once we hit retirement age or thereabouts.
That's OK,
Live fast, die young, was always my mantra.
I lived one hell of a life and will go without complaint whenever my time-clock runs out.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Analytics from November:
Capture d’écran (1298).png

USA is getting back on track (usually around 20%). France stands in the top 5 for several months now. :cool:

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
View attachment 38982

ASR just reached the impressive amount of 7000 members. (Again, congratulations for your work, @amirm!:))

I guess, when the forum started 3 years ago, that there were mostly US members (correct me if I'm wrong). Now, the forum has got an international reputation in the audio world.

For now, I'm just curious to know a bit about the cartography of where the members are from (or actually located, for what matters). Some people tends to move a lot, so I let two possible choices. Of course, there is too many possible countries to list, that's why I simplified this poll to the choice of continents.

PS: For my part: Paris area, France, EU.
Hey VF,

On the heels of the recent “How does everyone listen to music” Poll. It would be great to dust this poll off and get an update on our Membership Geography. If you decide to do a new poll like this I will ask Amir to promote it to the front page so we get maximum visibility and participation. It will be very interesting to see if our geography demographics have changed since 2019 and 7000 members to now 2024 and 52+ thousand. Just a thought Sir. ;)

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey VF,

On the heels of the recent “How does everyone listen to music” Poll. It would be great to dust this poll off and get an update on our Membership Geography. If you decide to do a new poll like this I will ask Amir to promote it to the front page so we get maximum visibility and participation. It will be very interesting to see if our geography demographics have changed since 2019 and 7000 members to now 2024 and 52+ thousand. Just a thought Sir. ;)
Hi Adam,

Seems highly pertinent, many thanks for the proposal.

I will do it, then. :)

JIELKADE

View attachment 38982

ASR just reached the impressive amount of 7000 members. (Again, congratulations for your work, @amirm!:))

I guess, when the forum started 3 years ago, that there were mostly US members (correct me if I'm wrong). Now, the forum has got an international reputation in the audio world.

For now, I'm just curious to know a bit about the cartography of where the members are from (or actually located, for what matters). Some people tends to move a lot, so I let two possible choices. Of course, there is too many possible countries to list, that's why I simplified this poll to the choice of continents.

PS: For my part: Paris area, France, EU.
Baden-Baden Germany

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Hello: there @VintageFlanker , we are not mentioned, but here in the Caribbean we are represented and equally passionate. Cheers from Puerto Rico.
Puerto Rico is considered part of the USA as a territory and would be covered in the North America category. Which also represents Canada as well. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom