• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Which part of the World do you live in ?

• Africa

Votes: 7 0.4%
  • Asia

Votes: 142 7.2%
  • Europe

Votes: 982 49.7%
  • North America

Votes: 727 36.8%
  • South America

Votes: 33 1.7%
  • Oceania

Votes: 85 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If the results are the same, then quod erat demonstrandum!
Not exactly "the same", sure, but somewhat a similar tendency. ;)
1000025346.png

1000025347.png

Please also note that the previous poll allowed up to two votes (for instance: both origin and actual location), also that the votes were publicly displayed. So a few changes were to be expected apart from the different periods.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not exactly "the same", sure, but somewhat a similar tendency. ;)
View attachment 345907

View attachment 345908

Please also note that the previous poll allowed up to two votes (for instance: both origin and actual location), also that the votes were publicly displayed. So a few changes were to be expected apart from the different periods.
We are talking stats.
+/- few percent is negligible.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
6 days to go before the poll ends. I don't think that we can get that much more votes at this point (you were right after all @Rick Sykora;)), but it would be cool if we reach 2k at the end !

At this very moment, Europe is about to lose the overall majority :
View attachment 345847

Thanks, I hope the poll does make it to 2000.:)

Political polls here seem to be less reliable than in the past, so poll credibility with the public has suffered. In the political poll instance though, inaccuracy is likely due to a poor sample (ie. not random enough) or inaccurate responses. Not likely ASR members would have any motivation to lie about where they live...

This poll has followed typical poll expectations, and the overall result has not changed much above the first few hundred votes. For that matter, your previous poll was left open for a very long time and the results are still remarkably comparable.

Last edited:

sunao

@VintageFlanker I wonder if somebody has pointed out from your picture of the starting post already, but I don't think the Greenland is a part of Northern America.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@VintageFlanker I wonder if somebody has pointed out from your picture of the starting post already, but I don't think the Greenland is a part of Northern America.
Are any members of ASR from Greenland here? Please acknowledge your existence. :D

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Sure. That's what "part of the World" and continents were about. Someone living in French Guyana/"Guyane" is not located in Europe but in South America, indeed. ;)
Closing in on 2,000 votes. Stupendous Job Sir. If it hit’s 2K before closing I will pony up the fee for your Donor renewal! That Sir is how amazing this poll has done. So come on ASR let’s see if we can get @VintageFlanker a free year of Donor status on me. We can do it. :cool:

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Closing in on 2,000 votes. Stupendous Job Sir. If it hit’s 2K before closing I will pony up the fee for your Donor renewal! That Sir is how amazing this poll has done. So come on ASR let’s see if we can get @VintageFlanker a free year of Donor status on me. We can do it. :cool:
Yeah come on Greenland. Whats holding you back. :facepalm:

Virgulino

Florianópolis, Brazil. An island.

This is our official song, it talks about our island. It's cute and very native, but this more solemn arrangement is also nice.

People who visit us tend to like it here and like us. Sometimes they even compose a song, like John Mclaughlin did. (And I'm a fan of Paco de Lucía.)

We can often be a bit peculiar. After all, this is known as the island of magic and witches. But it usually pays off in the end.

1674011313915.png

1674011348595.png

1674011441610.png

Floripa is my stereo. I love going out and just listening to my island.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Cool and currently Europe is winning with 49.9 % !!

I think ASR should adopt Euro as the default currency quoted for prices going forward ;);)
But everyone over there complains about availability and VAT. :cool:

Top Bottom