• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A40 all in one amp 2024

P1NBA11ER

Right after setting it up, I had mine stop passing audio in one channel while using the phono input and then it died in both channels for the aux and BT inputs too, not long after. In trying to troubleshoot I switched to the headphone output and it worked fine. Switching back to the speaker out brought everything back to normal. Not sure if this was a “muting“ issue or not but it’s worked fine for about a week now.

munin

No, but I think it's the peak protection. As I read this Elac has a max peak at 80Watt. If you need to have more "volume", you should get some other speaker, they are clearly not made for this.

ChenHui

No, but I think it's the peak protection. As I read this Elac has a max peak at 80Watt. If you need to have more "volume", you should get some other speaker, they are clearly not made for this.
I agree with your point.

dpuopolo

I agree, which is why I'm not too concerned. Eventually they will be powering my Tannoy SRM-12Bs as soon as I can rebuild the crossovers.

Attachments

• gettyimages-1372231689-612x612.jpg
    gettyimages-1372231689-612x612.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 17

Mike_Trueman

Would be really awesome to have this unit measured by Amir or Erin.

Can somebody help with understanding the meaning of this filters and what they are use for?
View attachment 368189

thanks
1715499402048.png

• Fast and Low-latency filter: This filter is designed for quick response times without significantly altering the phase of the audio signal. It's ideal for users who want minimal delay between the source and the speakers, which can be crucial for gaming or watching videos where timing is important.
  • Fast and Phase-compensated filter: Similar to the Fast and Low-latency filter, this one also aims for a quick response. However, it includes phase compensation to ensure that the sound from different frequencies arrives at your ears in sync, which can improve the clarity and focus of the audio.
  • Slow and Low-latency filter: This filter provides a slower roll-off compared to the fast filters. It's designed to produce a more natural sound with low latency, making it suitable for listening to music where audio fidelity is more important than the speed of the response.
  • Slow and Phase-compensated filter: This filter combines a slower roll-off with phase compensation. It's tailored for audiophiles who want a more natural and accurate sound reproduction, ensuring that the phase of the audio signal is preserved for a coherent soundstage.
  • Non-oversampling filter: This filter bypasses the oversampling process, which can sometimes introduce artifacts into the audio. By avoiding oversampling, this filter aims to provide a more 'pure' and unaltered sound, which some users prefer for its authenticity. .

Zygot

My amp arrived today. I have tried to read the manual but Loxjie site give me warning that is blacklisted. Do you have a manual?

Zek

Major Contributor
Here it is...

Attachments

• LOXJIE A40_Manual.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Has amirm teste any MA5332MS based amp other than the SMSL A300

FX-AUDIO L07

SABAJ A20A

SMSL AO200 MKII

SMSL A300 according to this thread is inferior to the loxjie a40 (that one is tested but just shy of 110 watt in 4 ohm rated at 165 watt)

SMS AL200

Back to my PA-316 it sound really comfortable at medium to high levels (also partly to blame the speakers) and great full bodied bass

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My amp arrived today. I have tried to read the manual but Loxjie site give me warning that is blacklisted. Do you have a manual?

That is when you use chrome, firefox is fine

Last edited:

Zygot

My first impression from Loxjie are mixed. Great functionality and power, but sound quality doesn't fees as an upgrade compared to my old Cambridge Audio a5. I am listening bookshelf speakers Dali Lektor 2.

How do you perform this type of comparison?

ps. thanks for the manual.

Benji L

My first impression from Loxjie are mixed. Great functionality and power, but sound quality doesn't fees as an upgrade compared to my old Cambridge Audio a5. I am listening bookshelf speakers Dali Lektor 2.

How do you perform this type of comparison?

ps. thanks for the manual.
I recommend the Direct EQ (bypass) setting and experimenting with the different filters.

RMC

I returned the Loxjie A40 after I compared the sound to a Aiyima A07 MAX with a SMSL DL200 used as a preamp

To my mind/ears the Loxjie was ok, but the A07 and SMSL combo had and has an expanded sound stage, better definition and an overall richer sound..

RMC

Last edited:

Mike_Trueman

Does the SMSL AO300 sound the same as the Loxjie A40?

Top Bottom