• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A40 all in one amp 2024

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Loxjie A40 https://www.loxjie-audio.com/productshow.asp?id=161

I can't find any review about this amp, not even audiophonics in france has one

It's an all in one amp with hdmi (arc),bt,dac (total 7 inputs) and rated up to 2x165 watt with a built in power supply, for only 210 euros on hifi-express https://hifi-express.com/products/loxjie-a40?variant=44305759109364

2023-11-20 23_02_37-LOXJIE AUDIO Official-LOXJIE音频官网 – Google Chrome.png
2023-11-20 23_03_12-LOXJIE AUDIO Official-LOXJIE音频官网 – Google Chrome.png

Hollywood_Bob

Loxjie A40 https://www.loxjie-audio.com/productshow.asp?id=161

I can't find any review about this amp, not even audiophonics in france has one

It's an all in one amp with hdmi (arc),bt,dac (total 7 inputs) and rated up to 2x165 watt with a built in power supply, for only 210 euros on hifi-express https://hifi-express.com/products/loxjie-a40?variant=44305759109364

View attachment 328139View attachment 328140
It is almost exactly like an SMSL AO300, inside and out.

Even the sale price is almost the same.

I get the impression that the display panel has hit a price point where everybody is using it now. Which is a huge improvement

It does have phono in.

And the Loxjie website says it has "perfect overheating".

I wonder which would be the better buy? SMSL AO300 or Loxjie A40?

The Loxjie a30 amp has been a long-time favourite on this site.

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

The Loxjie a30 is underpowered for medium sensitive speakers

The SMSL AO300 is available on hifi-express (no one have the Loxjie except for mabye the Loxjie website and hifi-express, hifi-express delivery time i don't know) with a 10% discount so it's 261 euros + what ever shipping is for the AO300, at audiophonics in (15-25 days delivery), loxjie A40 is should be 210 euros with shipping and taxes, all is included in the price.

You get phono in (turntable) that the SMSL don't have

2023-11-21 10_03_54-SMSL AO300 Class D Amplifier MA5332MS Headphone Amplifier DAC CS43131 2x16...png

Last edited:

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
hmmmm a site that throws up security warnings and PDF manuals from drive.google.com

sign of confidence there

the manual has a distinct SMSL flair and true to form, it doesnt say if the phono is MM or MC

OP
gasolin75

gasolin75

I expect it to only be MM do to what it costs

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
you are getting a lot of good stuff inside... ie. current BT, the CS dac

but realise this is a closed system... you will forever have the Merus amp which does something like 50w

i'd rather they just cut the ass out of price, make it line out only and make the phono into an rca input

i suspect loxjie are trying to differentiate with the phono and all the one box solution stuff

doublebstyle

Loxjie and SMSL is under the same company they are making AL200 , putting some more input producing AO300 for Aoshida exclusive, now putting phono in and release it under Loxjie A40 internals should be similar if not the same, grap what is available and cheaper. I wish instead of releasing same product in different cases in every month and providing minor changes they better focus on improving HDMI CEC , better UI and screen

Baobab

For my opinion a40 on first look is better than ao300. 1. ****** display on ao300 is always light blue. 2. Design of ao300. 3. No phono on ao300. 4. You can buy a40 on hifi and they will pay taxes (requires confirmation on practice)

Anyway i ordered ao300 and seller does not ship it within 5 days and i found a40 and it was looking better, so i cancelled order and try with a40 on hifi express. So after 3 days they sent me tracking number and i will notify how long it will take and about custom taxes, few weeks later.

doublebstyle

Hello everyone, bought Loxjie A40 and using for a week. In my opinion the Loxjie is better than AO300 I've tested before. The AO300 was very lowend pilot with narrow angles of work. I published a short review here: https://michalu.eu/wordpress/loxjie-a40-short-review-and-comparision-to-smsl-sa300-ao300-ao200mkii/
Does remote working angles are better? Also I have debut 5.2 as you , when I pushed ao300 to volume 35-36 (optical input fixed volume wiim tidal connect) woofer is start to fall apart making cracking noise and heavy distortion in bass heavy songs it is like if I push it to 40 it will blow and at volume 35 maybe I am getting only 80db, I am a bit surprised to experience this as there is no way these speaker can handle rated power of 120watt in 6 ohms, do you experience the same or maybe my unit has some issues

fockeRR

Does remote working angles are better? Also I have debut 5.2 as you , when I pushed ao300 to volume 35-36 (optical input fixed volume wiim tidal connect) woofer is start to fall apart making cracking noise and heavy distortion in bass heavy songs it is like if I push it to 40 it will blow and at volume 35 maybe I am getting only 80db, I am a bit surprised to experience this as there is no way these speaker can handle rated power of 120watt in 6 ohms, do you experience the same or maybe my unit has some issues
The remote has better angles and range than in ao300 - I can use it as before on my sa300. I didn't use much ao300 with subwoofer because I had also problems with volume and quality. I tested sub only in YT and some Dolby/THX trailers and streaming platforms like Hbo Max, Disney. I prefer no subwoofer when listening music. During the test on ao300 with sub the sound (bass) was very low quality and I need to set to max knob for level on the active sub (Tannoy SFX). Now with Loxjie A40, level and power knob on the sub is set to half ('music' mode) and is enough for movies. For music and radio, as I wrote before I prefer 2.0 setup.

equalwing

I also bought the A40 and AO300.

The remote angles are much better on the A40.

The AO300 has noticeably nicer build quality, a more pleasing volume knob, and I personally like the looks of it better. It’s also appreciably smaller (I’m assuming because it doesn’t have a phono input, which I don’t need). But the remote angles are a bit frustrating at my listening distance and walking around the room.

I’ll keep the A40 for sofa listening where remote angles matter, and I’ll keep the AO300 for desktop use where I’ll primarily handle it manually.

delta76

Major Contributor
hmmmm a site that throws up security warnings and PDF manuals from drive.google.com

sign of confidence there

the manual has a distinct SMSL flair and true to form, it doesnt say if the phono is MM or MC
hifi-express is legit. they is probably not the best, as they usually ship from China regardless of what warehouse you pick, and like Aliexpress, basically no cancel, return, no warranty, but you'll get your product.

Cheezy

I also bought the A40 and AO300.

The remote angles are much better on the A40.

The AO300 has noticeably nicer build quality, a more pleasing volume knob, and I personally like the looks of it better. It’s also appreciably smaller (I’m assuming because it doesn’t have a phono input, which I don’t need). But the remote angles are a bit frustrating at my listening distance and walking around the room.

I’ll keep the A40 for sofa listening where remote angles matter, and I’ll keep the AO300 for desktop use where I’ll primarily handle it manually.
Is the sound quality the exact same?

fuzzy_logic

Its a shame HDMI ARC is so poorly implemented on this and the SMSL AO300, its a bit of a deal breaker for me. Hopefully Wiim have done a better job with their new amp.

Baobab

hifi-express is legit. they is probably not the best, as they usually ship from China regardless of what warehouse you pick, and like Aliexpress, basically no cancel, return, no warranty, but you'll get your product.
And hifi send by EMS express, much quicker than AliExpress standard shipping. And probably pay all taxes.

delta76

Major Contributor
And hifi send by EMS express, much quicker than AliExpress standard shipping. And probably pay all taxes.
aliexpress pays all taxes as well. for orders up to 150$, more than that and you have to pay yourself as required by EU regulations

Reactions: MCH

Baobab

Алиэкспресс также платит все налоги. для заказов до 150$, более того, вы должны платить сами, как того требуют правила ЕС.
Аs i know its only for purchases that sending inside EU. I know about new rules thet Ali must pay VAT, but when i do purchase it says that VAT - 0, so i thought that they do not pay it for some reason (live in EU).

Top Bottom