• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good pairing for the Fosi Audio v3 mono

tjd

Just sprung for the Fosi Audio kickstarter pair of v3 mono's and the 48V/10 amp single power supply.

Looking for recommendations for a similarly physically small DAC/streamer/preamp. Ideally it has

XLR balanced outputs
RCA stereo input
Usb input as a DAC
Optical in
Volume control
Chromecast-able
Bluetooth
WiFi

Cherries on top would be a sub out for a powered sub, and wired Ethernet. Basic app control. A parametric EQ would be nice too!

90% of what it will be used for is streaming YouTube music subscription playlists, but I'm interested in some higher quality streaming services like Qobuz and tidal as well.

Optical would only be used in future if in the same room one day I put in a tv and pcm pull out the audio - this is unlikely anytime soon.

Finally, looking for something that is the same cost or less than the pair of v3's this is going to need paired with.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
my first though is that your wish list for about $300 is a going to be... unmet by current devices and possibly not likely to be met in the forseeable future

if you find such a device please tell us all

you could probably double or triple your ask price and still not meet all those conditons

OP
T

tjd

Good feedback, thanks.

It looks like Chromecast is the unicorn tidbit. It looks like the topping d50 III that amir just reviewed actually comes close. I didn't realize that there are 1/4 inch balanced to XLR cables which is neat.

Put away the price ask for a second, is there a way I could accomplish this using more than one box?

Top Bottom