• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GGNTKT M3 yes M3 Formerly known as M2!

Matt_Holland

Why is the D&D8c able to produce more bass than this larger speaker with its larger drivers ?
Is it though?
The 8c is capable of 106dB continuous from 35Hz, but their specs don’t say whether this is 0, -3dB or -6dB.
The M3 goes flat down to 40Hz based on the graph above. -6dB looks like approximately 30-32Hz. And maybe the M3 goes louder at 35Hz than 106dB? @roland{at}GGNTKT ?

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is it though?
The 8c is capable of 106dB continuous from 35Hz, but their specs don’t say whether this is 0, -3dB or -6dB.
The M3 goes flat down to 40Hz based on the graph above. -6dB looks like approximately 30-32Hz. And maybe the M3 goes louder at 35Hz than 106dB? @roland{at}GGNTKT ?
Huh, have you read the 8c specs that are posted on the 8c website?
FREQUENCY RESPONSE
30 Hz – 20 kHz ± 1 DB

Last time i checked 30hz @ +/- 1db is more bass than ~30hz @ -6db

Matt_Holland

Huh, have you read the 8c specs that are posted on the 8c website?
FREQUENCY RESPONSE
30 Hz – 20 kHz ± 1 DB

Last time i checked 30hz @ +/- 1db is more bass than ~30hz @ -6db
Yes, but at what SPL? The 8c looks like it has a limiter on the bass driver hence by the time it is outputting 106dB the extension has been reduced to 35Hz.
I think you’re splitting hairs somewhat. Both are similarly capable in bass output. Until we can compare like for like specs which include any dynamic compression/limiting. It’s not like the 8c trounces it.

MKR

Major Contributor
@roland{at}GGNTKT The M3s are looking excellent! Some questions … M3s in US? US dealers? Plans to demonstrate at any US audio shows?

Thanks!

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Is it though?

Model M3 does deliver about 109 dB @35 Hz @10% THD, that is per piece and without room gain. Typically you gain +6 db as a pair and 6...12 dB by the room (walls), so you should have 120-125 dB in total.

M3_maxSPL.png

Matt_Holland

Model M3 does deliver about 109 dB @35 Hz @10% THD, that is per piece and without room gain. Typically you gain +6 db as a pair and 6...12 dB by the room (walls), so you should have 120-125 dB in total.

View attachment 328844
@Tachyon88 what do you think?
This is extremely useful information. Thanks Roland.

I’m very keen to hear these at some point.

Regarding connectivity to the amp, have you considered having a conventional coax digital input? Then we could connect any digital source easily.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
GGNTKT M3 playing in our house

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
A bit quiet because they are still in Berlin.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Our house in Berlin,
Just marketing MKR you shouldn’t believe everything you read!
Best,
Keith

Tachyon88

@Tachyon88 what do you think?
This is extremely useful information. Thanks Roland.

I’m very keen to hear these at some point.

Regarding connectivity to the amp, have you considered having a conventional coax digital input? Then we could connect any digital source easily.

I think I want, they look good and get loud ! Unfortunately I'm priced out. Maybe in the future I can luck out on a pre-owned !

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
MK no sadly not, I asked Roland if it might be possible to hear one of the demonstration pairs, he wanted me to buy two pairs of M1s which would allow me to borrow the M3’s for a few months, I declined and here we are.
Perhaps I was being unreasonable.
Keith

MKR

Major Contributor
MK no sadly not, I asked Roland if it might be possible to hear one of the demonstration pairs, he wanted me to buy two pairs of M1s which would allow me to borrow the M3’s for a few months, I declined and here we are.
Perhaps I was being unreasonable.
Keith
I would rather say Roland is the one being unreasonable. Especially if you offered to pay shipping fees both ways for the demos. Too bad.

Top Bottom