• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

Bruce Morgen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Not a fan of external power supplies. I'd solder in a connection if I ever bought one. The other problem is they're using NE5532 op amps which were the best on the market in 1980. But it is 45 years later. Those are rather bright sounding by today's standards. What's up with that?

External high current power supplies never sound very transparent in my own experience.
:facepalm:

Bleib

Major Contributor

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
Not a fan of external power supplies. I'd solder in a connection if I ever bought one. The other problem is they're using NE5532 op amps which were the best on the market in 1980. But it is 45 years later. Those are rather bright sounding by today's standards. What's up with that?

External high current power supplies never sound very transparent in my own experience.

two things

if they're doing so much wrong why are you even here? this is like going into an EV owners group and telling everyone why ICE is better

2ndly i'm scared this isnt a troll post... i love big class A/Bs with toroidals but what relevance does that have here?

Mordor

External is good. Broke?
Replace for another one, without prejudice the amp.....

Jeromeof

Forum Donor

Not sure what your are complaining about - but its super simple to open the V3 Mono and replace the op-amp - Fosi even have a diagram showing which ones can be replaced:
internals.jpg

Here is my pre-release board:
IMG_0186 Medium.jpeg

Zooming into the replaceable op-amps :
IMG_0188 Medium.jpeg

OP
Guddu

Guddu

I am hoping that ASR measurements have bring some interest in this amplifier, if any, for you. If this is the case then you are looking at measurements with same opamps and external power supply. If you like those measurements then there is hardly any reason to complain about, but you can because you can.
Never the less, you can always make changes to your liking.

Top Bottom