• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fastest way to get disowned by your mother

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Act on these coupons I just got from Harbor Freight (low cost Chinese tool manufacturer):

upload_2017-5-11_22-3-48.png

I am sure she badly needs those awful heavy duty gloves. Or cheesy headlamp.

BTW, the above coupons are good for manly tools you might want to buy :). Just print it or show it on your phone to the cashier. Happy shopping! :D

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Oh yeah, buy yourself a nice new power tool or set of wrenches, then give the headlamp/gloves/cloths to mom and/or wife. Sounds like the perfect way to spend Sunday (Mother's Day) in the doghouse. Without the the dog, who will be taking your place at the table, natch. :)

Harbor Freight is embroiled in a lawsuit because everything is always on sale and apparently for it to be a sale it must be regularly priced for 28 days out of 90. Somebody must have gotten a bad wrench and hooked up with a lawyer with too much time on his hands (or money in mind). I understand the need for truth ini advertising, but just how seriously is anybody going to take HF or some of the other mail-order catalog types? ("Was $200, slashed to $29.99, but wait, order now and we'll double your savings!")

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
HF is a minefield of hit and misses.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
HF is a minefield of hit and misses.
Indeed. I look for reviews and when it is 5 stars, then it is usually good. Anything else and you are taking chances.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
In case you don't have the funds to make a qualifing purchase at HF, your local Wal Mart has the headlights by the bin full for sale at $.99.
That way you can thrill Mom/Wife with a gift and not spend a bundle.

Top Bottom