• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo DMP A-8 compared to Eversolo DMP A-6 ‘Master’

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Answer to my question was in comment above, lol.

Ze Frog

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What is this? Just linking to your own blog now?? Isnt this one of the reasons Erin got banned?
I don't get it either. It's great this site has vendors and company reps when it's for customer feedback and research, but this kind of thing seems like the start of infiltration that will lead to this place becoming the typical forum of people trying to sell stuff. I'm amazed Erin got a ban for effectively doing what the site in my mind was about, giving the consumer facts. Is Erin still banned? Only this is making me question my membership here if people like Erin get banned yet salesman can push products and link to blogs designed for their gain through luring people to specific products. No offence to Keith of Purite by the way, just felt this site upon joining was a bit more tightened up to becoming a marketing arm for whoever.

Most vendors and companies seem to be here to garner consumer opinion etc to better know what the consumer wants and clarify certain things which is actually awesome. There are many brands on here who the best advertisement in my mind is they do the above mentioned but don't do the whole marketing thing and seem to respect what (in my mind at least) , what this site stood for.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
What is this? Just linking to your own blog now?? Isnt this one of the reasons Erin got banned?

This is the 'desperate dealers' section, which is where Members who are dealers can post in this fashion.

I'm amazed Erin got a ban for effectively doing what the site in my mind was about, giving the consumer facts. Is Erin still banned?

That's vastly oversimplified, and isn't at all what Erin was doing. That said, Erin is not banned and he is free to post here whenever he likes.

yet salesman can push products and link to blogs designed for their gain through luring people to specific products.

Desperate dealers section only.

If you see it elsewhere in the forum, let us know.

prestigetone

I don't get it either. It's great this site has vendors and company reps when it's for customer feedback and research, but this kind of thing seems like the start of infiltration that will lead to this place becoming the typical forum of people trying to sell stuff. I'm amazed Erin got a ban for effectively doing what the site in my mind was about, giving the consumer facts. Is Erin still banned? Only this is making me question my membership here if people like Erin get banned yet salesman can push products and link to blogs designed for their gain through luring people to specific products. No offence to Keith of Purite by the way, just felt this site upon joining was a bit more tightened up to becoming a marketing arm for whoever.

Most vendors and companies seem to be here to garner consumer opinion etc to better know what the consumer wants and clarify certain things which is actually awesome. There are many brands on here who the best advertisement in my mind is they do the above mentioned but don't do the whole marketing thing and seem to respect what (in my mind at least) , what this site stood for.
It's also really hard to discern what is objective versus what's a small vendor trying to promote their wares. I know a dealer is a dealer and they cant talk badly of their products, but you don't see many cons listed. I would love to see some threads where dealers talk about what constructively could be better about the products they sell.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Personally I tend not represent bad products.
Before I realised the importance of measurements I could only really judge ( speakers for example) by a relatively short listen at say the Munich Hi-End , you place your order wait for the equipment to arrive and its only really when you have had a chance to listen to it that you realise that a, you have made a costly mistake or ( hopefully) b, it turns out to be better than hoped for.

Now I always ask for measurements before I commit.
Electronics are slightly different in that , they might measure really well but not be that reliable or the manufacturer might not be that helpful in dealing with component failures or both.
Or worst case you discover that the equipment is actually a, a fire hazard or b, so badly designed you just can’t connect it to expensive loudspeakers!
Keith

Top Bottom