• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello,
Im new here and new in hi-fi gear,
Welcome to ASR and welcome to the hobby, i guess.

the offer dissapeared just now, less than 24 h after my first check ... before i had taken the "go" decision
Shame. But hidden-audio.de comes with such offers every few month. Maybe you look for a service online that sends you a message when their site about the speakers changes?
If you have the guts to buy used, try Hifishark, maybe you get lucky.

I am doubful deciding among 3 candidates: q acoustics 3030i (which i found below 300 at muziker.es and also dissapeared), Debut 2.0 b6.2 , Debut reference b6.2 (which became candidate at 399, not at 600) and wharfedale diamond 12.2
I'm looking for the Diamond 12.2 myself, you have to keep your eyes peeled, here and at popular price search sites. Again, i buy most of my stuff used, so Hifishark is one of my best sources.

Do you know if this is typical thing of these stores?Will the price drops happen again any soon?
Yes and yes, if by soon you mean a few month.

hipoagu

Welcome to ASR and welcome to the hobby,
Thanks!
I'm looking for the Diamond 12.2 myself, you have to keep your eyes peeled, here and at popular price search sites. Again, i buy most of my stuff used, so Hifishark is one of my best sources.
Wharfedale diamond 12.2 are 303€ the pair and I think it may even go 32 euro cheaper tomorrow/tonight as new promotion for the diamond series is advised 20 to 21 April.

hipoagu

Thanks!

Wharfedale diamond 12.2 are 303€ the pair and I think it may even go 32 euro cheaper tomorrow/tonight as new promotion for the diamond series is advised 20 to 21 April.

Progresive disccount on all items in the basket today and tomorrow at www.hidden-audio.de
@TheBatsEar you can get Diamond 12.2 for 271.01€ plus shipping.
Other items have very good prices already plus the discount...
1000028790.jpg

Fulix

Progresive disccount on all items in the basket today and tomorrow at www.hidden-audio.de
@TheBatsEar you can get Diamond 12.2 for 271.01€ plus shipping.
Other items have very good prices already plus the discount...
View attachment 364819

Great promo indeed.

I added the Marantz Stereo 70s to the cart but only got 32€ off, going from 788 to 756.

Is this maybe because there is already a discount on the retail price itself?

Roland68

Major Contributor
Great promo indeed.

I added the Marantz Stereo 70s to the cart but only got 32€ off, going from 788 to 756.

Is this maybe because there is already a discount on the retail price itself?
You should take a look at the offer with the Marantz Cinema70s for € 647.50 or 628.08 with bank transfer (3% discount).
Basically the same device with more power amplifiers and additional AV functionality. A look at the devices shows that the additional power amplifiers are simply missing in the stereo version.
But with the Cinema70s you can use bi-amping for the front speakers with 4 of the built-in power amplifiers.
The rest of the functionality should be the same, both have HEOS, but better take another look.
Marantz Cinema70s Hidden Audio

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-22 um 11.18.30.png

Fulix

You should take a look at the offer with the Marantz Cinema70s for € 647.50 or 628.08 with bank transfer (3% discount).
Basically the same device with more power amplifiers and additional AV functionality. A look at the devices shows that the additional power amplifiers are simply missing in the stereo version.
But with the Cinema70s you can use bi-amping for the front speakers with 4 of the built-in power amplifiers.
The rest of the functionality should be the same, both have HEOS, but better take another look.
Marantz Cinema70s Hidden Audio

View attachment 365221

I do already own the Cinema 70s, bought it for roughly the same price from Amazon DE.

Been testing it for one week now in a stereo setup, paired with my Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 bookshelf speakers.

I feel that 50W is not enough power since when listening to TV audio I have to level up the volume around 60-65 in order to have some decent sound.

I was hoping that the Stereo 70s did a better job with its 75W and HDAM modules.

Roland68

Major Contributor
I do already own the Cinema 70s, bought it for roughly the same price from Amazon DE.

Been testing it for one week now in a stereo setup, paired with my Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 bookshelf speakers.

I feel that 50W is not enough power since when listening to TV audio I have to level up the volume around 60-65 in order to have some decent sound.

I was hoping that the Stereo 70s did a better job with its 75W and HDAM modules.
There is probably not such a big difference in performance in pure stereo operation. In both devices there are only 2 power transistors per channel. The HDAM are in the small signal range and were beaten by good OPAmps 25 years ago. More marketing than anything else.
Try bi-amping on one channel (don't forget to take out the bridges) and compare it with the volume of a power amplifier on one channel. Maybe that's enough.

Alternatively, get an additional and significantly more powerful power amplifier for the preamplifier outputs.
If you don't have a subwoofer yet, it would of course make more sense than all other solutions.
But that's way off topic for this thread...

Dreamers2

Swissonic X8 3-way active DSP monitor for 198€/pc instead of 298€/pc

Decent measurements except maybe a bit too loud bass which can be partially corrected though with the included bass trim switches or even better as a part from the room correction with an external EQ/DSP:

daaamn did you tested them?

Top Bottom