• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch&Dutch …

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
8Cs not loud enough for you?
Keith

droid2000

too bad they are to ugly to be placed in civilized society or any home

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

jae

Major Contributor
too bad they are to ugly to be placed in civilized society or any home
8c-black-natural.jpg

Whaaaat? This is arguably one of the better looking speakers.

droid2000

8c-black-natural.jpg

Whaaaat? This is arguably one of the better looking speakers.

See those vent things on the side? Those look like gills. It gulps water through it's woofer and exhales it through it's gills while extracting oxygen to survive. If you touch the speaker it's slimy, like fish skin, and then it dies because you disturbed the mucus it needs for protection. As if that's not enough to turn you away from these abominations, the matte black plastic-looking front flanked by light fake wood color is a terrible color/texture combination. Like this celebrities outfit at the recent Met Gala:

poupay-met-gala-2023-2920-pedro-pascal-superJumbo-v2.jpeg

jae

Major Contributor
6See those vent things on the side? Those look like gills. It gulps water through it's woofer and exhales it through it's gills while extracting oxygen to survive. If you touch the speaker it's slimy, like fish skin, and then it dies because you disturbed the mucus it needs for protection. As if that's not enough to turn you away from these abominations, the matte black plastic-looking front flanked by light fake wood color is a terrible color/texture combination. Like this celebrities outfit at the recent Met Gala:

View attachment 283139
That's genuine solid oak there on that cabinet! There's also an option for a white front. The studio version is the one with MDF.

droid2000

That's genuine solid oak there on that cabinet! There's also an option for a white front. The studio version is the one with MDF.
The vents would prob look good with a black wood version, if they have it. Like the brake vents on this Ferrari F40. I'd buy that.

53ceea92-gas-monkey-garage-ferrari-f40-.jpg

Se7enAtx

Audio Company
The vents are what allow the energy from the mids to radiate anti-phase to the side of the cabinets and form the cardioid radiation pattern.

It's design might not be to your personal tastes, but it's acoustic design and the resultant performance is among the most clever ever created.

Se7enAtx

Audio Company
The outer oak cabinet is for aesthetics only. The inner acoustic structure is built exclusively from birch, which is what makes the speaker so inert.

Regardless of whether you go with the studio or consumer version, the inner core is the same.

Reactions: TSB

droid2000

The vents are what allow the energy from the mids to radiate anti-phase to the side of the cabinets and form the cardioid radiation pattern.

It's design might not be to your personal tastes, but it's acoustic design and the resultant performance is among the most clever ever created.
Interesting. Speakers have been vented forever, but the side vents are new to me. Sounds like legit theory, i think i might get a pair to check them out let me place order OMFG THEY ARE $15,000!

Come with amps and stuff, so maybe not that bad.

Se7enAtx

Audio Company
Interesting. Speakers have been vented forever, but the side vents are new to me. Sounds like legit theory, i think i might get a pair to check them out let me place order OMFG THEY ARE $15,000!

Come with amps and stuff, so maybe not that bad.
Yup.. These are the real deal, function over form, incredible speakers.

If you think 15k is expensive, you should try upgrading from the 8c.

droid2000

Yup.. These are the real deal, function over form, incredible speakers.

If you think 15k is expensive, you should try upgrading from the 8c.

Function over form is always the winning strategy for most things that matter, like racing, thermodynamics, and speaker design, although maybe not so much in wives. Then it's best to balance out form and function with two.

I don't think $15K is expensive, unless it's a side-vent gimmick. But they better perform better than my wives.

Are they 15 times better than the CSS speakers I built on my dining room table? Are the measurements 15 times better? Of course not. But we're always seeking perfection. And hit diminishing returns. The question is - where do we stop?

Se7enAtx

Audio Company
Function over form is always the winning strategy for most things that matter, like racing, thermodynamics, and speaker design, although maybe not so much in wives. Then it's best to balance out form and function with two.

I don't think $15K is expensive, unless it's a side-vent gimmick. But they better perform better than my wives.

Are they 15 times better than the CSS speakers I built on my dining room table? Are the measurements 15 times better? Of course not. But we're always seeking perfection. And hit diminishing returns. The question is - where do we stop?
The vent design isn't a gimmick nor are the rear firing subs.

The tweeter waveguide allows a 1250hz crossover point to the 8" mid to avoid beaming.

At AXPONA, we were able to place the speakers extremely close to the room boundaries as well as a massive glass surface and had incredible sound, and also managed to hit 105db when a visitor asked us to show "what they could do".

The 8c is an incredible product.

Attachments

• IMG_0881.jpeg
    IMG_0881.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 101

droid2000

The vent design isn't a gimmick nor are the rear firing subs.

The tweeter waveguide allows a 1250hz crossover point to the 8" mid to avoid beaming.

At AXPONA, we were able to place the speakers extremely close to the room boundaries as well as a massive glass surface and had incredible sound, and also managed to hit 105db when a visitor asked us to show "what they could do".

The 8c is an incredible product.

No one listens to music at 105dB, although nice to know they can go that high if I ever need to torture someone at Guantanamo Bay.

I got fed up with California bullshit and move to a really nice beach house in Puerto Rico where it's always warm and sunny. Where can I see these here? Also you should reveal your association with the company ( maybe i missed it?).

Se7enAtx

Audio Company
No one listens to music at 105dB, although nice to know they can go that high if I ever need to torture someone at Guantanamo Bay.

I got fed up with California bullshit and move to a really nice beach house in Puerto Rico where it's always warm and sunny. Where can I see these here? Also you should reveal your association with the company ( maybe i missed it?).
Well, I did reveal my association in the last post. Not trying to be cagy. Prior to that, I was just trying to offer an informative counterpoint, like the vents aren't side ports, etc.

I'm an owner of the 8c for about 5 years, as well as several other high end systems (at the same time). I purchased them to support my Bacch-SP rig.

About 4 years ago, I learned to work on the speakers and in an unofficial capacity, supported their distributor on the West Coast of the US.

Earlier this year, I stepped into a more official role as the North American distributorship changed.

My goal from any of my posts is not to sell or market the product as much as it is to provide information.

That's full transparency.

Keith_W

Major Contributor

Hahaha, I can't tell if you are being serious or you are having a bit of a laugh :D I like it, torture the inmates at Guantanamo with a speaker that looks like a fish. Maybe even make them touch it so they can be disgusted by the mucus.

Top Bottom