• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

1 bit DAC launched by TOPPING

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not comparable,different type of devices.
But even performance-wise, if Topping sticks to the number chasing won't be higher than -115db THD+N.
So,115db vs 87db SINAD is abysmal.
Price won't be comparable too I imagine,probably close to one grand if I have learned Topping's policy by now.
WiiM Pro Plus has a decent DAC actualy not a problem its Sinad is 114dB :) ,the normal WiiM not so much .

It only lacks balanced out ,

Glint

that PCB reminds me of those absurd tda1543 dacs that would use 8 or some other multiple of the chips. Topping already make some fantastic stuff though, I guess they are just trying to hit all those market segments.

Sokel

Master Contributor
I was responding to:

“If we can finally have a DAC with 10 band Peq at an affordable price it would finally be real progress”

The WiiM Pro Plus is a DAC with (upcoming) 10 band PEQ. You get a streamer thrown in for free! But you can use it just as a DAC.

Right now, if you want a transparent DAC with 10 band PEQ, and presuming WiiM manage to include this update, the Pro Plus is the only game in town, unless you want to spend silly money.
I stand corrected though,all this naming taken by the gaming industry is confusing!

OP

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
D50Ⅲ
6f23c431e7ecc03d.png

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Google translate also works on image. Lens app does it real time.

6f23c431e7ecc03d.png

Palladium

WiiM Pro Plus has a decent DAC actualy not a problem its Sinad is 114dB :) ,the normal WiiM not so much .

It only lacks balanced out ,

I'm gonna bet WiiM will put out an all-in-one-box that includes HDMI-ARC, balanced out and PEQ with excellent enough numbers before Topping or SMSL wakes up from their dreams of chasing SINAD.

JeremyFife

I may be misunderstanding.

Sounds like this is a DSD DAC with DSP (PEQ). Firstly, there are too many TLAs.

I didn't think you could apply DSP to DSD signal. What did I miss?

Thanks for clarifying.

DSJR

Major Contributor
I remember a Technics MASH player where sound was chopped up somehow, audible when you listening to the common fading in the end of songs. Like that "robot-like speech" digital distortion.
I've had two basic MASH players from the late 90's here, one actually a five disc changer from the HD70 mini system currently in storage and the other, the SL-PS670 player, again with the simpler and less spectacular MASH decoder than the more advanced 770 model had. Both to me sounded excellent and no issue with atmosphere or fade/reverb 'tail's' being reproduced properly. Only issue with the 670 was sticky grease on the laser sled runners causing a jump twenty seconds or so in on the first disc to be played when the laser carriage was first pulled away from the disc start position - a good clean of the track and thread sorted it...

Bleib

Major Contributor

DLS79

Forum Donor
The D50s has usb, coax, optical, & BT in and RCA out, plus a barrel jack port for extra power. Adding PEQ and XLR out would be an endgame DAC for a lot of people, but it would need to be bigger than its predecessors.

Top Bottom