• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps 2024 News and Upcoming Products

glideslope

The middle ground for offering speakON again outside of the rack cases (as those have separate backplates so I can easily have two different plates made without too much cost) is to offer them on the 8ch NCxxxMP case and on the 3ch Purifi/NCx case. You could do less channels (say 4ch only) but would have to pay a slightly higher premium.

Also thinking of this approach for custom finishes/anodizing as well. No time table though.

The 9040 mono (from us, at least) will be around $1050 shipped unless something changes for the worse.
What do you think of the 17x13x3.5 case with two 1200a100 and two 1et9040ba? ... with speakon. Dual mono in one chassis. Any cost advantage to this? And would that bring speakon to the 1et9040ba? I don't know how the buffer situation works on these, and in that scenario.

There's a recent Bruno interview out there where he gets into the 9040 improvements.

Would it be possible to have access to the 9040 datasheet?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
What do you think of the 17x13x3.5 case with two 1200a100 and two 1et9040ba? ... with speakon. Dual mono in one chassis. Any cost advantage to this? And would that bring speakon to the 1et9040ba? I don't know how the buffer situation works on these, and in that scenario.

There's a recent Bruno interview out there where he gets into the 9040 improvements.

Not sure of such a case. Again, it comes down to minimum order quantity to make cases economical for me and the consumer.
I will be posting more details on the 9040 in the Purifi thread at some point.

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Do you have a link to the interview?

glideslope

The YouTube channel is @Bestofhighend

I'll pass on linking it as it's not my material. I've never heard of the channel before.

From 1 month ago there's a 42 min video on the circuits he's developed in his career, and then you want to watch the 20 minute video where he's holding a 9040 - talking about how he's solved distortion problems with the feedback loop. I wish he would've talked about it being a fully differential amplifier as that's the key difference from the purifi modules before it.

I have a class H amp that I'd eventually want to get away from due to its fan and 18 yrs age. 950wpc into 8, 1500wpc into 4. Curious how the 9040 handles large drivers and/or testing with that power cube.

daniboun

Major Contributor
No integration planned for Sylph Audio and 3E Audio modules like Audiophonics?

:rolleyes:

glideslope

How's the new Storm compared to the AVM70? I have an AVM70.

And how's the new demo theatre room? Any details you're excited about?

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
How's the new Storm compared to the AVM70? I have an AVM70.

And how's the new demo theatre room? Any details you're excited about?
Seems like the wrong thread for this, mistake?

glideslope

Seems like the wrong thread for this, mistake?
Dylan said in a YouTube interview on BA at the end of last year that he was building a new theatre room to be a demo room for his products for customers. And that he was switching to the Storm processor that will feed all these new amps to demo. So I assume that would be new for 2024.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Dylan said in a YouTube interview on BA at the end of last year that he was building a new theatre room to be a demo room for his products for customers. And that he was switching to the Storm processor that will feed all these new amps to demo. So I assume that would be new for 2024.
Technically new for 2024 but not pertinent for the purpose of this thread regarding products (no harm no foul).
There is a dedicated HotM thread of my build on AVS if you wanted to get a more in-depth response.

I can say the Storm is working flawlessly (better to me than the Trinnov in a few regards) and everything is better than I had hoped.

glideslope

Technically new for 2024 but not pertinent for the purpose of this thread regarding products (no harm no foul).
There is a dedicated HotM thread of my build on AVS if you wanted to get a more in-depth response.

I can say the Storm is working flawlessly (better to me than the Trinnov in a few regards) and everything is better than I had hoped.
If you are in fact willing to demo to customers, I may be curious enough to drive across the border at some point this year and maybe I could hear a ncx vs 9040 vs 7040. I'm curious about the highs on the slightly older amps vs the new 9040, that if I recall correctly you could see on a graph the rising distortion above 10kHz. Or maybe some event for many listeners is more effective with your time. Just Bruno is claiming on the 9040 that the "grit" on the highs has been solved, due to a better understanding of the output filter. Like what does that mean and can you hear a difference. It would be great to just get a 3 channel NCX, but is the 9040 better.

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That "grit" was supposedly solved in the original Purifi 400.

Descartes

Major Contributor

Link please

acro

Why not have a preamplifier instead of an integrated amplifier i already have one of your amps so i dont really need/want an integrated. Basically delete the amp from the integrated and sell it as a preamp

Top Bottom