• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps case changes

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
In other threads Buckeye Amps said that they couldn't easily offer Speakons ?sp? because it meant having two different cases.

What about creating a sub-panel that could be switched / customized? So you'd have a single large cutout for the plate?

Honestly its a silly idea that comes from a lack of coffee in the morning.
Unfortunately the back panel of the case is also attached to the bottom and front as one piece

im_gumby

Unfortunately the back panel of the case is also attached to the bottom and front as one piece
I know. But the idea would be to create a cutout in that panel that could be swapped.

I know this is a bad example, but take a look at PC cases.
They have a cut out for the servers and then the servers have a sub panel that's attached to the motherboard.
But I think you might be able to do something similar, or rather the case manufacturer.

Like I said, it was something I thought of early in the morning before I had my several cups of coffee so I can function. :)

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Will ever consider better cases for a little bit more green ;)
Unfortunately it isn't that simple. To do a whole other case, like the one we are doing for our integrated amp, requires a large upfront cost due to minimum order quantity. Which in turn requires a large amount of inventory space.

im_gumby

Did you consider rolling the sides and bottom as one piece then separates for front, back and top?

Or if you could create a single aluminum 'ladder' frame that could be bent 90 degrees at the corner?
It would probably be more expensive and heavier.

If you challenged your supplier, what would they say in terms of design?

im_gumby

Ok, just to give you an example ...

Note: Not that I'm recommending this... but here's a case where the front and rear panels come off.
This way you can replace the rear panel while keeping the rest the same. I know you have to run the numbers and will also consider other issues. But just as a design idea.

[edit] this is another similar case.

I think this case looks a little cleaner, see if your guys can do this?
HTH

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Ok, just to give you an example ...

Note: Not that I'm recommending this... but here's a case where the front and rear panels come off.
This way you can replace the rear panel while keeping the rest the same. I know you have to run the numbers and will also consider other issues. But just as a design idea.
The original cases I used had an independent front and rear design. But for various reasons I switched to the cases I use now.

Top Bottom