• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A40 all in one amp 2024

xSDMx

Грустно. Реализован Arylic B50, а этот хипстерский продукт лишен этого ЦИКа.

Translated by moderator. Please post in English going forward.

Sad. Arylic B50 is implemented, and this hipster product lacks this CEC
On the plus side, my WiiM Amp doesn't have any intermittent audio popping/crackling issues like my Arylic B50 does.

Fwen

Hi, I’m looking for an amp for both turntable and tv. The turntable can output either line or phono. Is there any advantage to getting this device with its dedicated phono in? Otherwise I was thinking maybe the new WiiM amp would be a better choice, either that or the AO300.
In front of the A40, I can't think of any reason to convince myself to choose the AO300. The A40 has the same configuration as the AO300, but the price is cheaper and there are more functions that the AO300 does not have

bcfc

In front of the A40, I can't think of any reason to convince myself to choose the AO300. The A40 has the same configuration as the AO300, but the price is cheaper and there are more functions that the AO300 does not have
Where you find lower price of A40?

rsbroer

I ordered directly from The Hifi Cat and paid €220,95

Just arrived within a week of ordering from (supposedly) EU warehouse.
For me it's a bit of a gamble, just want to see how it holds up against more expensive audio gear. If I don't like it, I'll sell it on and not loose too much I guess.

Initially struggling in Foobar to get all formats playing, as there are many Loxjie devices to choose from.
It probably showed up without me installing the XMOS drivers because I've got an Gustard R26 DAC which uses the same or similar chipset ?
Anyway, after installing XMOS_USBAudio_v5.50.0_2022-09-08_setup I choose DSD: WASAPI(event) : Speakers (LOXJIE AUDIO), adjusted Foobar's bits from 16 to 32 in the Output/Devices section for all Loxjie devices, and started playing different formats.
So far no issues, playing PCM 44.1/16 up to DSD 256

First impressions:
Boomy, quickly corrected when setting EQ to direct/pass thru
Silent, even at high volumes (when not playing music that is)
Of course can't touch the air/depth/fine detail of my Gustard DAC and high-end amplifier, but very pleasantly suprised.
Ok, admit it is playing on 10k speakers :) that are very easy to drive with an easy impedance curve and high efficiency (4 ohm, 90 dB)

I'll soon open it up; according to photo's I've seen there are assuming some dual opamps inside that may get replaced with some Sparkos discrete opamps; that should definitely open up the sound some more and add some air and micro detail. Need to order SMD to DIP sockets first though. Updates to follow.

But really, fantastic value for the mere €221

Last edited:

Zek

Major Contributor
Updates to follow.
I'm all ears...
w:o pics.gif

nullstring

It's a damn shame they didn't implement HDMI CEC on this. It would be a must buy at this price and performance.

HDMI CEC is very easy to implement.... compared to audio implementation it's childsplay.

Kiko

Hello friends! Questions for those who has Loxjie A40 - Does it sound dry/thin and analytical or more warm and rich/spacious? Does it have more bright or dark sound? Does it have the same sound signature as the previous Loxjie A30? (Loxjie A30 has a bit kinda tiny reverb effect that produce spacious sound that I prefer)

bcfc

Hello friends! Questions for those who has Loxjie A40 - Does it sound dry/thin and analytical or more warm and rich/spacious? Does it have more bright or dark sound? Does it have the same sound signature as the previous Loxjie A30? (Loxjie A30 has a bit kinda tiny reverb effect that produce spacious sound that I prefer)
Hello. It sounds the same as Smsl a300 and ao300. They have the same chips infineon MA5332s and operational amplifiers. And yes, it sounds different from Loxjie A30.

Baobab

The A40 finally arrived, it cost about 210 euros. It’s difficult to compare the sound quality since you need good speakers. but it plays at a level worse than the Denon pma800 + dac + jamo c93ll combination. Currently only loxjie a40 + polk xt15 are available. The sound is significantly behind the second option. but the C93 has an improved crossover, in a week we’ll improve the XT15 and we can draw conclusions

Zek

Major Contributor
@Baobab Your conclusions are completely confusing. It is not very clear what was compared with what. You cannot draw conclusions if the amplifiers are not connected to the same speakers and if you do not use the same sound source. :oops:

Baobab

I can draw conclusions either way. Maybe you can't, I don't know. I compare the two systems head-on. what sound comes from the set up. the price of first is about 1100 USD, the second 400 USD. How much is the second inferior to the first and does it make sense to pay more? Sometimes this makes much more sense than describing the differences in sound on the same source/speakers. if it doesn't make sense to you, you silently pass by. this is not the final opinion

grogi.giant

I can draw conclusions either way. Maybe you can't, I don't know. I compare the two systems head-on. what sound comes from the set up. the price of first is about 1100 USD, the second 400 USD. How much is the second inferior to the first and does it make sense to pay more? Sometimes this makes much more sense than describing the differences in sound on the same source/speakers. if it doesn't make sense to you, you silently pass by. this is not the final opinion

Are you using some lorem ipsum generator to create those posts? Because there is absolutely no substance there.

Timstunes

Forum Donor
The A40 finally arrived, it cost about 210 euros. It’s difficult to compare the sound quality since you need good speakers. but it plays at a level worse than the Denon pma800 + dac + jamo c93ll combination. Currently only loxjie a40 + polk xt15 are available. The sound is significantly behind the second option. but the C93 has an improved crossover, in a week we’ll improve the XT15 and we can draw conclusions
Not really sure I follow you. ?

Baobab

Not really sure I follow you. ?
my comparison falls outside the usual understanding and rules. two systems are tested head-to-head. their prices are different. The meaning in this case is a simple question. Can a system half the price be no worse in terms of the quality of the reproduced sound? according to the conclusions. I can definitely say after upgrading the passive acoustics that the system is practically not inferior to one that is more than twice as expensive. I will also say that absolutely all passive monitors that cost less than 1 thousand dollars sound equally bad to me, some more, some less. but still terrible. if the speakers, given a good source, do not produce a sound that completely immerses you in the composition, if there is no feeling that the composition is being performed live in your home, if there is no space between the instruments, it’s all not worth it. but after upgrading the speaker for $150. + the cost of materials (50-70 dollars) sounds better than stock ones for 500-700. then the question arises, why pay more? but this is all for those who have been in the subject for a long time. schoolchildren and theorists pass by. I’ll also say something about the loxjie itself. Plays great, the form factor is pleasing, eq is good. The Chinese definitely did it, for which thank them. One of the downsides is that the device gets warm even at low volume. Too bad the top cover is not perforated. not good in the long run. so far something like that

rsbroer

So did a bit of poking around in my Loxjie A40 :)

Some parts identified:
A 34063
Switching (buck, 100 kHz) regulator
Max, 40 V in, 5 V to 28 V out
1.5 A out

B TL072
Dual JFET opamp

C JRC 4558A SOP8
Dual general purpose opamp

D JRC 2068 SSOP8
Dual low noise opamp

? is this an opamp ? YES
Measure supply pins 4(-) and 8(+)
Marking removed on purpose ?

NJW1194 JRC SSOP
2-channel electronic volume with4-in 1-out stereo audio selector and Tone Control.

82CK64S2 JRC
STC8C2K64S2 series
Enhanced 8051 Core microprocessor

Cirrus CS43131
Low power DAC with headphone amplifier
2 Vrms into 600 ohm
30 mW into 32 ohm

LC244A
Octal buffer or driver with 3-state outputs

XL1509
2A 150KHz 40V PWM buck (step-down) DC/DC converter

UC25HQ40
Ultra Low Power, 4M-BIT SERIAL FLASH MEMORY

More to follow

Attachments

• PCB internal analog audio section.jpg
    PCB internal analog audio section.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 169
  • PCB internal with part identifiers.jpg
    PCB internal with part identifiers.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 154
  • PCB2 internal with part identifiers.jpg
    PCB2 internal with part identifiers.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 151

rsbroer

Playing a continuous sine tone to find the analog signals;

On all three opamps I can measure the signal being played.
Interesting enough, the digital volume control actually works on the pre-amp signals, as on all 3 opamps the signals move up and down with the volume control.
Output from volume control seems to thru elco's acting as coupling capacitors.

Next, start desoldering the SSOP opamps and put in SSOP to DIP adapters :p

Attachments

• PCB internal analog audio section.jpg
    PCB internal analog audio section.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Top Bottom