• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Microphone would allow me to achieve Real Time Mic Monitoring with my setup?

OceanBijuu

I currently have headphones that I plug into a Topping DX3 PRO+ DAC/AMP. I’m currently using the Elgato Wave 3 which can only have latency free mic monitoring if I plug the headphones directly into the microphone. This forces me to choose between utilizing my Amp or having the real time monitoring. It also prevents me from using the DAC as it’s a USB mic.

What microphone would you all recommend for this setup that would allow both my headphones and microphone to plug into the DAC/AMP and allow me to achieve real-time mic monitoring?

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would see if you can get a generic ASIO driver for the Elgato Wave (ASIO4All) and see if that works. You will need to set the buffer length to the lowest you can before it starts causing dropouts in the audio. This MIGHT work.

The Topping DAC is not really meant for use with microphones, so if you can't get this to work with the Elgato you're going to need to look around for a different mic that allows direct montoring or uses ASIO for low latency.

Justin Zazzi

A small analog mixer would let you combine the output of the microphone with the output of the dac at the same time?

OP
O

OceanBijuu

Thank you everyone for the input. I appreciate all of your time. I think I am just going to forego mic monitoring at this time as I prefer my DX3 with my DT 900s.

Top Bottom