• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Technical Reasons to upgrade from DDRC-24

Justaguy

My current source chain is a laptop -> MiniDSP DDRC-24(usb) -> NC400 Monoblocks(RCA via an adapter) -> Speakers (BMR Philharmonitors, trying to resolve issues with incoming floor standing speakers)

While I did notice a difference between the monoblocks and my previous amp (SMSL SA-50) I’m more inclined to say it’s sighted price bias rather than some effect of having more headroom on my amp.

I thought monoblocks would be better for the layout of my room and I think having the physically larger Minidsp SHD with XLR cables going to the monoblocks would be visually appealing for sure.

Aesthetic/visual choices aside, are there audible benefits to switching from a DDRC-24 to a SHD or would my only benefit be for my personal preference in cable management?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you want a better SINAD the MiniDSP Flex cost's less than the SHD because it leaves out the streamer.

OP
J

Justaguy

If you want a better SINAD the MiniDSP Flex cost's less than the SHD because it leaves out the streamer.
Yeah I was also thinking about the flex balanced + DIRAC. That would be a good option that’s a bit cheaper than the SHD

Top Bottom