• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Switching on command between headphones and speakers?

taurion06

Hi all, very new here!

I've been enjoying an IFI zen Dac+AMP combo with HifiMan Sundaras. USB into Zen DAC, RCA into AMP, 3.5mm into headphones.

I've been eyeing off speakers and trying to figure something out where I can switch between headphones and speakers either with this setup.

Is this something I should still be going down on the more budget, gets used a few times a week-style listing I do or should I just go for something like a Kanto Yu2/4 and switching through Windows sound control?

Happy to post photos of the setup if required (no hate on my logitech's please) also if this has been answered before please link and I'll delete this and head there instead :)

TIA

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just to clarify, currently RCA from Zen Dac goes into an amp via RCA then Sundara goes into the amp?

If you got some speakers , they would feed from the speaker taps on the same amp or would they be powered / active speakers?

If the former then it depends how the amp is configured as to how it behaves between speaker out and headphone out. If the latter you would probably want an RCA switch box (one in, 2 or more out) and then toggle that between amp output and active speaker output.

Top Bottom