• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spring-Loaded Screw Turns Drywall Into Sound-Absorbing Panels

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was going through bookmarks and found this. It may be help for people with speakers (I just do headphones, have neighbors on both sides with a townhouse). If you're use these with Quietrock, which absorbs 7 times more sound than regular drywall you might get some good results. I've hung Quietrock and it's really works, Holmes on Holmes did an episode and had a sound expert measure it, really works. This screw design seems like it would be really good in a media room with it.

Quietrock article:

Bettersoundproofing covers it also:

Treehugger did an article, and it was a while back so I'm checking if they're into production by now.

Last edited:

Fred H

Forum Donor
The drywall screw is intriguing -- they cite a 9db improvement -- but I couldn't find it in production. Apparently they are still trying to find a way: https://www.akoustos.se/.
Anybody interested in producing it? (Not me, I'm retired.)

Top Bottom