• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Should I get a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 or "borrow" a Teac AX-505 + Gustard X16 setup?

curiouspeter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I currently have a dual Sonos AMPs surround setup and an AX-505/X16 setup sharing the front speakers (PSB T20).

For another location, I can either "appropriate" the AX-505/X16 for the LS50 Meta or I can get a Lyngdorf.

Obviously, reusing the old components will save some money. It can also simplify the Sonos setup. I currently use a speaker-level A/B switch and it drives my wife crazy.

Is it worth spending the $2250 for the Lyngdorf? I am sure the Teac can drive the LS50 just fine.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
I currently have a dual Sonos AMPs surround setup and an AX-505/X16 setup sharing the front speakers (PSB T20).

For another location, I can either "appropriate" the AX-505/X16 for the LS50 Meta or I can get a Lyngdorf.

Obviously, reusing the old components will save some money. It can also simplify the Sonos setup. I currently use a speaker-level A/B switch and it drives my wife crazy.

Is it worth spending the $2250 for the Lyngdorf? I am sure the Teac can drive the LS50 just fine.

Use the Teac and get a subwoofer for the LS50

Top Bottom