• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie A30 vs Topping MX5? I want to have output for speakers and HP without unplugging anything

Leito360

Hello, i'm looking for an AIO device like the MX3 / MX5 to handle a couple of Sony's SS D105 (6 ohm, 60W) and a Philips SHP 9500.

Should I go for the MX5 or the Loxjie A30? Is there a cheaper option that let me plug the speakers and headphones at the same time and then select the output through the device without unplugging anything?

Max budget: $300.

Thanks

MacCali

Major Contributor
Personally I would save up and get all separates. It would all be stacked. All at the same location.

Magni Heretic
Aiyima A07
Headphone amp of your choice

Last edited:
I second MacCali. Separates may be worth the extra expense/hassle.

I have an A30. The headphone amp is not great and the remote stopped working. Otherwise it's a fantastic little desktop amp.

Another option might be SMSL C200 (it has a decent HP amp) and a speaker amp (A07 or maybe a Topping PA3s).

OP
L

Leito360

@MacCali @student of history what about a DX3 Pro+ and PA3s combo? I was thinking about handle the selection of HP/Speakers through the line out of the DX3 Pro+´s remote, and I also can buy one device first and then the other when I have some more money to spare.

@MacCali @student of history what about a DX3 Pro+ and PA3s combo? I was thinking about handle the selection of HP/Speakers through the line out of the DX3 Pro+´s remote, and I also can buy one device first and then the other when I have some more money to spare.
The DX3 Pro (I have the original flavor) is nice but doesn't have balanced outputs. Topping remotes are also not great in my experience (many posts here on that). And right now the SMSL C200 is cheaper. Maybe the best value around.

MacCali

Major Contributor
Yea idk depends what you think is best for you.

I guess the c200 is another option

OP
L

Leito360

I think I will go for the stack route. I don't think I'll ever need balanced outputs, and if I do I'll go for a better amp when I need it.

Thank you both for your replies.

MacCali

Major Contributor
I think I will go for the stack route. I don't think I'll ever need balanced outputs, and if I do I'll go for a better amp when I need it.

Thank you both for your replies.
Yes always consider buying open box or demo units from legit retailers as that can sometimes get you a better product for a lower price or allocate your money else where.

I just always like to make certain the item does have a warranty and also not a final sale or cannot be returned just in case.

Just an FYI: I'm sending back my SMSL C200. It seems to stop operating when exposed to static discharge. Others seem to have similar issues.

I've reverted to a Topping D10 balanced and a Dx3 Pro, neither of which have had issues so far.

Just an FYI: I'm sending back my SMSL C200. It seems to stop operating when exposed to static discharge. Others seem to have similar issues.

I've reverted to a Topping D10 balanced and a Dx3 Pro, neither of which have had issues so far.

Top Bottom