• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

London-Based Member who can use an Analyser?

knobtwiddler

Hi,

I am looking to speak with anyone based in or near London that's into audio measurements and might be interested in performing some tests. We have access to various analysers and would like to find an independent engineer who can corroborate results.

Please send me a message if this is something that you're into. I can definitely pay your expenses. Anything beyond that will be up for discussion.

NB - If you have a suggestion for someone that could be worth tracking down, please do let me know.

Thank you!

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
OP
K

knobtwiddler

Hi Pozz,

Please accept my apologies for the slow response - I got pretty bogged down in clearing out work prior to the holiday period.

In answer to your question, I can only give an emphatic 'no'. And I have tried - believe me (I didn't just post here, but have emailed people all over the place). Were I to be cynical, I might think that anyone with the credentials and skill to do the work is weary of making enemies for the sake of it. As we know, OEMs tend to get quite upset when their specs aren't shown to be that great. Unless it's your job to do so, why make enemies? It would be fair to say that items in my field of interest typically receive less scrutiny than the average kitchen toaster - yet their prices run into four figures in many examples.

I'm no relation to the person on Discogs btw :) I've never been good at choosing original handles.

flowjm

Hi Pozz,

Please accept my apologies for the slow response - I got pretty bogged down in clearing out work prior to the holiday period.

In answer to your question, I can only give an emphatic 'no'. And I have tried - believe me (I didn't just post here, but have emailed people all over the place). Were I to be cynical, I might think that anyone with the credentials and skill to do the work is weary of making enemies for the sake of it. As we know, OEMs tend to get quite upset when their specs aren't shown to be that great. Unless it's your job to do so, why make enemies? It would be fair to say that items in my field of interest typically receive less scrutiny than the average kitchen toaster - yet their prices run into four figures in many examples.

I'm no relation to the person on Discogs btw :) I've never been good at choosing original handles.

No surprise that you're just one of many knob twiddlers in the audio world ;).

NTomokawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
For fun? Their anger only adds to the amusement.
Me: Let's stop measuring Audio-GD stuff since they are so predictably bad.
Inner me: Keep doing it so the Audio-GD people can show up and we'll have a great time.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Hi Pozz,

That's unfortunate. A London-based ASR reviewer could likely help you, if we had one.

Top Bottom