• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Just needed to put in a thanks for the forum.

JRS

Major Contributor
I was very active for a few years ago, and a bit here and there more recently. Why I return just now is to give thanks. My life circumstances haven't landed be softly into a downy retirement, but I'll tell you:

Without this forums I would be crying into my beer. Instead I have put together that costs less than my first serious stereo back in 1972 (Marantz, AR, Dual,etc) which consists of these amazing little Elac speakers, a used 5 ch A/V receiver and good stands. Of course an internet connection helps as does a smart TV.

I have only ASR to thank--anywhere else I would have been feeling discriminated against cuz I don't have some wormhole cables, a galactic turntable, unobtanium stylus in a pickle brined rosewood shell and 50 tunes. You guys are the best! Thank you. I'll be around--oh and I forgot when things were really rough--some Sundara's and a Topping Dx 3 pro plus superduper for 500.
Special thanks to Amir of course--this mission is quite important, but US democracy is calling.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Good to see you back!

Life is complicated, but it's nice to be able to retreat to some nice music to make it a little more bearable at times.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have put together that costs less than my first serious stereo back in 1972 (Marantz, AR, Dual,etc) which consists of these amazing little Elac speakers, a used 5 ch A/V receiver and good stands. Of course an internet connection helps as does a smart TV.
Heck yeah. A lot of discussion on this forum goes toward the expensive stuff... $1000 is sometimes called cheap, which not so long ago I found hair-raising. But maybe the real value here is uncovering the bang-for-buck stuff.

These days not ANYONE can achieve good sound, (real poverty means luxuries and some necessities are off the table) but you don't need to be rich by any means, as long as you spend your money in a smart way. And this allows more people to experience great works of art in a way that is closer to how it was intended. That's got to be a good thing. It's good to be reminded of what the real benefit of ASR can be.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Special thanks to Amir of course--this mission is quite important, but US democracy is calling.
Here here! The Man has essentially single handily changed the Audio Reproduction System and the word of Science is spreading and forcing Audio Companies to start measuring their kit and making better shit for less dough. The downward pressure on the market place is evident every time Amir measures a sub $200 clams unit that outperforms high end crap that cost as much as a car. @amirm doesn’t get enough credit. I am more than happy to sing his praises! Thanks Boss. :cool:

Top Bottom