• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

iFi spdif purifier?

drumsbanger

I don't think much of archimago and one of the reasons is he makes up his mind first then comes up with "data" later. He also likes to take a contrary position to everyone else. He should not be taken seriously.
He is the only one I have seen say this about Chromecast. Everyone else says the jitter is very high. That's easy to find.
You get what you pay for and with Chromecast you don't get much but Google gets your data to sell to advertisers. Creepy.

I read the thread, and archimago says that the CCA jitter is high, but based on his measurements and listening, he doubts many will be able to hear the high jitter on a competent DAC. In my time of using the Chromecast, I find it to be excellent for $35. Even the analog output is more than respectable for the price. I'm sure Google has some way of turning the data into advertising revenue, but I think Google's main purpose with CCA is hoping that users will subscribe to Google Music. I mainly use it to stream FLAC files from my phone. Spotify sounds okay.

Also, a main point in the thread is that the jitter increases substantially with anything higher than 16/44.1. I only have 16/44.1 files. I am using a Schiit Modi Multibit DAC into an old Adcom GTP-500 II preamp, and a GFA-535 II power amp. Those date back to the early-mid '90s. I bought them new.

Wombat

Master Contributor
I don't think much of archimago and one of the reasons is he makes up his mind first then comes up with "data" later. He also likes to take a contrary position to everyone else. He should not be taken seriously.
He is the only one I have seen say this about Chromecast. Everyone else says the jitter is very high. That's easy to find.
You get what you pay for and with Chromecast you don't get much but Google gets your data to sell to advertisers. Creepy.

So, if you listen AND TEST you can't please the 'I can hear it only' crowd?

You have to do better, here, with your assertions.

Top Bottom