• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Heavily modified Magnepan MG1.6/QR - Local pickup only in Hamburg, Germany

TheLastGerman

I offer here a pair of modified Magnepan Magneplanar MG1.6/QR in very good condition.

The heavy 5.4 cm thick frames are made of 18 mm thick, oiled or white lacquered, 13-ply birch plywood. Compared to the original frame made of plain medium density fibreboard, this construction has a much better grip on the resonances of the magnetostatic panels.

The covering consists of a thin, natural-coloured, very sound-permeable linen fabric.

The crossovers are made of high quality parts: Large air coils from Intertechnik with 2 mm wire thickness and MKP foil capacitors from Jantzen and Krummer. Only the original foil capacitor in the parallel branch of the low pass has been retained, as there is nothing to be gained from more expensive components in this position imho.

The crossovers have been removed because they cannot be hidden in the frame due to the size of the components. Originally I wanted to place the crossovers in wooden boxes, but in the end I left them as a permanent temporary solution.

Test listening is possible in Hamburg Hamm-Süd.

Asking € 799,00

NO SHIPPING, PICK-UP ONLY!

Legal notice: I exclude any liability for material defects. Liability for damages due to injuries to health, body or life and grossly negligent and/or intentional violations of my duties as a seller remains unrestricted.

Attachments

• IMG_6791.JPG
    IMG_6791.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_6792.JPG
    IMG_6792.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_6794.JPG
    IMG_6794.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6795.JPG
    IMG_6795.JPG