• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extended warranties. Thoughts? + Apollon (Purifi) reliability.

afinepoint

Forum Donor
With the exception of automotive I don't bother with them. I feel if there's a fault it will appear shortly after purchase. Plus manufacturers sell them because they are confident you won't be using it.

I was wrong with a Behringer amplifier. It died a couple of years outside of the warranty.

I'm buying a build to order amp from Europe (Slovenia). An Apollon Purifi. Can anyone speak to the reliability of these amplifiers?

Do you buy extended warranty with (expensive) audio equipment?

And has anyone dealt with warranty issues with foreign countries? More specifically when buying directly from the manufacturer. No middle man.

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I buy extended warranties with mechatronics gear and as you said cars. With a amp I would be hesitant although I would consider the amp model, the use case, the operating parameters/conditions and how much it costs.

OP
A

afinepoint

Forum Donor
The Apollon seems of high build quality and actually was one suggested in another post. I'm interested if anyone has used a warranty repair with some these manufacturers. Nord, Hypex, Apollon. Especially the overseas ones. Was the process straightforward?

Top Bottom