• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bernstein at the BBC

CapMan

Major Contributor
For those in the UK BBC 4 (TV) have a night of TV dedicated to Bernstein as captured by many BBC documentaries of the 60s,70s and 80s.

It’s really fantastic - just watched Jose Carreras get roasted by LB for failing to sing in time during the DG recording of West Side Story which the Beeb covered.

When I look at programming on our national broadcaster these days it’s sad to see how far standards have fallen - nobody will be watching from the current BBC archives in 40 years time :(

BinkieHuckerback

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The BBC shows some terrific programmes these days.
Vigil
Shetland
Detectorists
Early Doors
Boiling Point...
...many shows are not made by the BBC but aired on the various channels.

Elkerton

The BBC shows some terrific programmes these days.
Vigil
Shetland
Detectorists
Early Doors
Boiling Point...
...many shows are not made by the BBC but aired on the various channels.
Thanks for the suggestions. I know Shetland. For the others, Britbox here I come.

BTW, I happened to watch the new movie on Lenny's life, Maestro, yesterday. It's worth a view.

Digby

Major Contributor
When I look at programming on our national broadcaster these days it’s sad to see how far standards have fallen - nobody will be watching from the current BBC archives in 40 years time :(
I don't think you could broadcast now what they broadcast then. It would be a vast improvement if they did, but too 'slow and boring' would be the response from most viewers. TV today is like some kind of frenetic vehicle for advertisers and the prevailing social views of the day. Thoughtfulness and enlightenment, along with treating the viewer as an adult rather than a 9yr old high on smarties, doesn't much enter the picture.

Top Bottom