• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BBQ - What's the coolest stuff that you cooked on the barbeque? And other BBQ stuFF too.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I cooked a very large turkey that would not fit into the kitchen oven without cutting it up. I really wanted to try BBQ turkey so I decided that day was the day. I prepared the BBQ at ~4pm, started cooking it and I pulled it out at ~1am. Some of the bones where so crunchy that I could munch them up with my teeth. I previously had food poisoning from turkey dressing that was given to me and so I overdid the cooking of my BBQ turkey to be safe. I had a great time, drank lots of coolies, gabbed a lot/socialized while it was cooking and emptied the propane tank too. The turkey was eaten but it was overcooked. I don't waste food. The dang turkey lost it's life for me and so the least I could do was eat it. :cool:
Not the actual turkey.
4-BBQ-Turkey.jpg

Another BBQ food I like to cook on football (American football.) afternoons is thick BBQ pork steak diced up and mixed in with dark glazed onions, minced garlic, lots of sliced jalapeno peppers and lots and lots of olive oil. I drop the gooey mixture on stiffly cooked chunky corn meal. Yum Yum.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Beer can chicken...

beer-can-chicken-89546-1.jpeg

... also, can never go past a good T-Bone steak! :cool:

JSmith

Dal1as

Grew up in Texas so definately Brisket. ABT's are the best though. Yum!

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m married to a South African so I have to say it’s Snook cooked over a braai overlooking the South Atlantic from Onrus beach in South Africa.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm not much for doing the work myself but I do love some burnt ends from Jack Stack in Kansas City and some ribs from Rendezvous in Memphis.

Top Bottom