• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

"Accidental" Sample Rate Listening "Blind Test"

Ricardus

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A friend of mine is an audio engineer and he worked on some chamber music recordings for a friend who recorded them live. They were recorded at 44.1. My friend sent some 16/44.1 files to a classical reviewer who had asked the artist if he could review them. I suspect the artist doesn't know or care that the sessions were captured at 44.1 Khz.

SO... the reviewer asked for the original hi-res 96K files unaware they were recorded at 44.1.

My friend didn't tell him, but sent the up-sampled 96K files to him.

I can't wait to hear how much better they sound, from the reviewer.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A friend of mine is an audio engineer and he worked on some chamber music recordings for a friend who recorded them live. They were recorded at 44.1. My friend sent some 16/44.1 files to a classical reviewer who had asked the artist if he could review them. I suspect the artist doesn't know or care that the sessions were captured at 44.1 Khz.

SO... the reviewer asked for the original hi-res 96K files unaware they were recorded at 44.1.

My friend didn't tell him, but sent the up-sampled 96K files to him.

I can't wait to hear how much better they sound, from the reviewer.
Is not that how most hirez releases are made :D

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe from an analog tape but it's an equivalent mo ( lorez magically transformed to hirez )

DonR

Major Contributor
The lyrical waxing should be something to behold.

Top Bottom