• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2023 Munich show, more weird stuff

pickyAudiophile

Wow these are some weird ideas. Where do we stand, is this 1965? It's what I would call decline and decadency, doomed to go down in history with theses brands altogether. And it's not just about these 19.5k speakers: Have a look at these amps and that other gear spinning pointlessly right at the end. What's your opinion?
hifipig.com magazine show report says:
Cedric from Advance was creative director of Daft Punk for 20 years and the Hommage is dedicated to Daft Punk. The price of the main integrated unit is 19,500. I thought this was an interesting concept and certainly something different that couldn’t fail to become a talking point in the homes of those that choose to buy one.
Going forward the Hommage range will be dedicated to bands which I reckon is such a cool idea!

https://www.hifipig.com/high-end-munich-2023-the-big-hifi-pig-report/

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
What's your opinion?

I have two:

The woodwork on the turntable doesn't match the rest of the system.

The linked page is really long.

I mean, really long.

Like 400 or more pages long.

Last edited:
OP
P

pickyAudiophile

Right, it only works with "search on page" to gain any information right from that page. If you think my post was irrelevant or inappropriate please (let it) delete and I apologize and I'm prepared to learn my lesson.

ta240

Major Contributor
Your post seems relevant and interesting to me. It is just odd that anyone would load a single web page with that much content.

I sometimes wonder about what goes on in the minds of the people behind some of these companies. Do they believe their products are the best? Do they only need to sell a couple to be able to retire? Are they hoping to become the 'in' brand that all the well off people demand so their company will go on for decades?
I guess in many ways it is like art and often bought to basically be a sculpture in one of several houses that the people own. And like art, it is worth whatever someone will pay for it.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
It has to be that long to fit all the ads.

The advertisements on the right margin only occupy the first 20 pages of the 400+ on my 1600 pixel tall screen.

I didn't look at all the pages. Just enough to realize I had no idea who all the companies represented were.

Page scrolled down 100 clicks and estimated the remainder based on the position of the scroll bar, a quarter to a fifth of the way down.

Sneaky ads, as they weren't blocked by the ad blocker.

On the other hand, I didn't even notice the ads the first time.

gondorff

Cable lifters in abundance. That‘ll do the trick. Unquestionably. No, really.

1692031899948.jpeg

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Looks like glorious hamster tracks, condos and hotels. That would probably be a more interesting show to sit and watch, btw. With some Genelecs playing in the background. :facepalm:

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So it's Daft Punk in the pictures on the wall. I thought it was the Stig from 'Top Gear.'

I want one of those revolving microwave ovens though.

AdrianusG

Wow these are some weird ideas. Where do we stand, is this 1965? It's what I would call decline and decadency, doomed to go down in history with theses brands altogether. And it's not just about these 19.5k speakers: Have a look at these amps and that other gear spinning pointlessly right at the end. What's your opinion?
hifipig.com magazine show report says:
On What? the mental state of the designers of some, or actually a lot of this equipment, (especially turntables and speakers!)? well....

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
High-end-munich-2023-Sunday2105230159.jpg

High-end-munich-2023-Sunday2105230157.jpg

High-end-munich-2023-Sunday2105230162.jpg

such as this.. speaker??, looks like something they dug up in Chernobyl or something, beats me.
But the sound ... Ooooh the sound!!! Ahhhh!! Ahhhh!
And to remind myself that I was one to dream of something like this... :facepalm:

Thanks ASR!!! I cannot say it enough!

Peace.

Top Bottom