• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2023/09 PSA: France Orders Apple IPhone 12 Sales Halted Over Radiation

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I used to joke around during the early days of "cellphones" by saying I would NOT own one until the (RF) transmitter is built-in to the heel of my LEFT shoe.:oops:
During those early days, Sony's cute little cellphone (manufactured in San Diego) was found to be transmitting above the radiation limits.
[I think Sony packed up their production and left CA, after that]
Anyways:
French regulators on Tuesday ordered Apple to halt sales of the iPhone 12 for emitting too much electromagnetic radiation, and to fix existing handsets.
The French agency that regulates radio frequencies, the ANFR, said testing found that the model emits more electromagnetic waves susceptible to be absorbed by the body than permitted.
The ANFR said it "ordered Apple to remove the iPhone 12 from the French market from September 12 due to the model exceeding the limit" for electromagnetic absorption by the body.
It said accredited labs had found absorption of electromagnetic energy by the body at 5.74 watts per kilogram during tests simulating when the phone was being held in the hand or kept in a pocket.
The European standard is a specific absorption rate of 4.0 watts per kilogram in such tests.
"Concerning phones already sold, Apple must in the briefest of delays take corrective measures to bring the affected phones into compliance," said the ANFR in a statement on its website.
"Otherwise, Apple will have to recall them."
ANFR noted that tests that measure the electromagnetic radiation absorbed at a distance of five centimetres was in compliance with the limit of 2.0 watts per kilogram.
ANFR said its agents would verify beginning Wednesday that that iPhone 12 models were no longer being offered for sale in France.
When contacted by AFP Apple did not have an immediate comment.
Regulators in a number of countries have limits on the amount of electromagnetic radiation mobile phones may emit to prevent adverse health effects.
The World Health Organization states on its website that following a large number of studies that "no adverse health effects have been established as being caused by mobile phone use".
From <https://www.barrons.com/news/france-orders-apple-iphone-12-sales-halted-over-radiation-4733323c>
In the meanwhile, I am still waiting for that Agent86 (Maxwell "Max" Smart) phone to be offered.:confused:

OP
pseudoid

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Two more related articles:

(1)iPhone 12 radiation fears: FDA is 'reviewing' Apple handsets after reports they are radioactive - as France halts sales
From <https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...phone-12-banned-emit-radiation-dangerous.html>
(2)Now Germany and Belgium are looking to BAN Apple's iPhone 12 due to fears radiation could damage people's health
From <https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...12-fears-radiation-damage-peoples-health.html>
202309_iphone12radiation.jpg

Consider keeping it away from your family-jewels????:eek:

Top Bottom