sp200

1. W

Tinnitus? Impedance mismatch? SMSL SP200 + Beyer 1990 Pro

i am a bit of a n00b. But i was reading about mismatching amps and headphones. My current setup is: PC source> USB Input DAC (SMSL M400) > balanced out > Balanced in SMSL SP200 > Beyerdynamic 1990 pros Currently i am suffering from tinnitus in my right ear, i heard that potentially i could...
  2. M

[FS]EU - slightly used SMSL SP 200 THX AAA-888 Headphone amplifier

Selling an SMSL SP200 THX amp as i don't use it anymore. Its condition is like new. Asking for 190€ + shipping (20€ in the EU, 9 in Italy). For any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.
  3. A

Keep Topping DX3 pro or get new DAC plus AMP

Hello guys, I have been lurking and reading various threads on here for a while and finally decided to make a thread about something that has been bugging me for weeks now. So I got myself a DX3 pro(my first ever DAC/AMP) last month to pair it with my HD650. Now I did enjoy the sound and it...
  4. K

smsl sp200 + m200 vs m500

Hi, Ignoring the fact that m200 has no MQA and smsl sp200 + m200 would 50 GBP more. Is the sp200+m200 combo much better (especially amp section) that the one integrated in m500 amp/dac combo? I'm looking to pair it with DT1990 headphones. Thanks
  5. A

SMSL SP200 channel imbalance

I've been the owner of the SMSL SP200 for about a month now but the experience hasn't been the best unfortunately. When I got it all wired up and plugged my headphones in, I immediately noticed a channel imbalance with it. The left channel was louder than the right one. I returned it and bought...
  6. V

High GAIN=Higher gain=More compression?

So, i didn't well speak what Gain level on specification on amplifier means exactly, maybe it act like a sort of compression on sound quality? For example: JDS Atom Labs 1.0W 32ohm: Low gain=x1.0/High Gain=x4.5 THX AAA 789 Unbalanced 1,8W 32ohm: Low gain=x0,33=-10dB / Medium Gain=x1.0=0dB /...
  7. RickSanchez

Massdrop 789 vs. Monoprice 887 vs. SMSL SP200: THX amp measurement comparison

Due to the Green Bay Packers having a bye week (i.e., I have a little more free time than usual today) I thought it would be interesting to compare three high-performing and relatively budget THX headphone amplifiers: the Drop (Massdrop) THX AAA 789 vs. the Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 vs. the...
Top Bottom