Search results

1. Y

Suggestion: more audio interface measurements

I've been following this website for a long time, and it is my humble and personal opinion that we kind of reached a saturation in terms of DAC and HP amp measurements. I think that for quite some time now, ever since say the Topping D50s, we reached a point where anyone that can spend about...
  2. Y

Balanced preamp to unbalanced poweramp - any risks?

I have a guitar multi-effects and amp modeler (Quad Cortex), which I use with my studio monitors (i.e. guitar -> QC -> powered studio monitors) However, I wanted to try to play in my living room, which means using my "hifi" speakers. The output of the QC is balanced (with a preamp), the power...
  3. Y

EQ on Linux: problems with Pulse Effects

I have a problem with Pulse Effects: it seems that it produces incorrect eq, at least on my system. The full details are below. The short version: 1. I used REW to EQ my monitors, but the speakers sound different on Solus Budgie w/ PE compared to Win 10 w/ Equalizer APO (same PC, dual boot)...
  4. Y

Help with a 2.1 setup configuration

I currently use a pair of JBL LSR305 conneceted to a d50s+Atom on my working desk. I'd like to add a subwoofer, and was considering the (recently reviewed) Rythmik L12. Two questions: 1. Would it be a suitable choice for a roughly 3 x 3.5 m^2 (10 x 11.5 ft^2) room? 2. What is the proper way to...
  5. Y

DAC + power amp vs receiver at ~500$

Hi, We'll be buying a Tannoy XT 6F for the living room and now looking for the rest of the chain. We don't need full fledged home theater capabilities nor phono; perhaps a sub down the road if we'll feel the 38Hz @ -6db to be on the thin side. I've been reading here for some time now, and this...
Top Bottom