Search results

1. H

JDS Atom Amp 2 Headphone Amplifier Review

You can just use the headphone output in low gain mode as the pre-amp out. Unless you don't want to disconnect and swap cables every time you go from headphone to speakers or vice versa.
  2. H

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

I guess they'll need to do this in an E series in order for it to come with a volume knob?
  3. H

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

I believe with a review like that, the numbers are simply assigned arbitrarily. If the amp works well in your use case, it's a good one for you, and if not, then it isn't.
  4. H

MiniDSP Flex HTx Measurement (FW1.1.17 Update)

Meaning, any volume below, or up to, -10 dB on the master volume control on this device, there is no multi-tone issue? Good news, because I never go above -40 or -30 usually...
  5. H

Making further progress, TOPPING’s new flagship amplifier will be launched in late May!

I don't care. They can stop building amps for all the good it's going to do me.
  6. H

Does my ideal DAC exist?

Ultralite Mk5. It doesn’t have true crossover capability but you can get close enough using its built-in PEQ (what it does to the phase I’m not sure). Otherwise, CamillaDSP
  7. H

Do you know if Flex Eight is the same way re: multi-tone performance?
  8. H

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

Ah, OK, I see what you mean. Yes, that's quite possible, but you do then have to include a volume control in this upstream high-pass box, otherwise the levels for the mains vs the sub will be out of sync. Or, you use a DAC (or whatever source) with a built-in volume control. Which not all DACs...
  9. H

This amp (and others like it, with a sub out) does not have a main pre-out. All the routing of the main signal pass-through is done internally in the chassis, so I don't see any opportunity for someone to readily add an external or otherwise discrete high-pass box, except for 2 ways: 1) do it...
  10. H

You realize there is no pre-out for the main speakers?
  11. H

How? You’d have to tap into the PCB or wiring inside in order to do so, not? At least with the sub out you can run it into your own box with an active crossover.
  12. H

Oh, wow. That is not something that’s OK to have happen, no matter the price point.
  13. H

What might help is if you make the x and y axes the same on the before and after versions of the graphs? Initially, I thought the "fixed" performance was worse.
  14. H

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

Nah, the shadow doesn’t even look right. You can see 360 around the switch itself
  15. H

OK, I guess as long we are all OK with calling input attenuators gain controls, and *definitely* not volume knobs. "Exact same outcome" is another one of those things that you might want to mean one thing, but then someone else doesn't see it the same way. For example, a Class D amp vs a Class...
  16. H

I keep seeing that amplifier knobs control gain. I would like to see one such knob that actually does that, rather than the usual voltage divider that attenuates input signal
  17. H

Your note still says otherwise? "03/19/2024 Revision 3: Updated measurements of FW 1.1.17. Sadly, the Multitone issue still persist."
  18. H

Anyone know when the latest batch is shipping? Also, has anyone recreated Erin’s issue where the amp doesn’t work with 4 ohm stereo loads?
  19. H

Heat pipe cooling in power amps

Sold it... so he gave you the proceeds in full, plus at least interest for your trouble, right?
  20. H

Which one would you choose?

Buy the most expensive one you like.
Top Bottom