Search results

1. Gradius

1 bit DAC launched by TOPPING

Well, Burson do that since 2009 with their OPamps, I tried some of them before and like it, but w/o an audio analyzer like the APx555B I don't know if it introduces more snr, thd, sinad, etc, to the sound/music. I tried them when I had my D50, now I'm on "default" E50+L50. More about them...
  2. Gradius

It wasn't me. I wish btw. I got those impressions from another forum.
  3. Gradius

Some impressions: "I got a chance to listen to the A900/D900 at CanJam and was very impressed. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the 2 units. The sound was very relaxed, engaging and balanced. Very engrossing listen that drew me into the music. I was told the new units would be released toward...
  4. Gradius

D900 looks $2k, around the same for A900 (perharps it will be even more). D90 III discrete got my interest: "The D90 III Discrete uses a positive and negative 16-element DAC for each channel, achieving high performance indicators of THD+N<0.00006% and SNR>128dB. Its appearance is similar to the...
  5. Gradius

Future DAC/HD AMP upgrade

I see. I was looking for an 100% balanced stuff, then I think I'll upgrade my headphones first, actually I have my trusty/almost-legendary HD650. Was looking at HD800S, but I don't know if is really worth the price, I know they are made to last, but other than that, I can't believe it will...
  6. Gradius

Future DAC/HD AMP upgrade

I'll post it here, as they are both: a DAC and a H.D. amp. I'm thinking on a future upgrade from E50+L50 to a DX9 or D70+A70 ("pro" ones), or something else. Price difference is $99 or less. Thoughs?
  7. Gradius

TOPPING DX9!

Shenzhenaudio Store is the official seller there, you can trust their service. I would just RMA.
  8. Gradius

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Is fine, but because of isolation, and isn't expensive at all, I use a GST25A05-P1J: https://www.meanwell.com/Upload/PDF/GST25A/GST25A-SPEC.PDF Total overkill I know (4A), but can use it to another things if I ever needed.
  9. Gradius

Buy USB isolator for E70 Velvet? E50? E30II?

Short answer: Just use a good power supply like Mean Well, and problem solved. Something like $20 or less. Long one: A DAC where it completely separates the input receiver section from the audio section, be it USB or S/PDIF, since they need to be connected in some way. So there will always be...
  10. Gradius

New driver should be coming: Revision History ----------------------------------------------------- V5.68.0 (February 5, 2024) ----------------------------------------------------- * Fix: Installer secure problem * Fix: Deadlock during wake up
  11. Gradius

Opened up my E30 II Lite (pics incl.)

Thanks for the p0rn upload. I do LOVE them.
  12. Gradius

Is there any budget DAC for DSD1024?

You cannot hear the difference between DSD (1x) and 96kHz @ 24-bit (PCM/WAV). The later is better anyway. So WHY would you want DSD1024 ?!
  13. Gradius

Just use meanwell psu (like I'm using). Is less than $15 shipped, and the quality is good enough (or pro enough).
  14. Gradius

Chapeau ou non? (PCM5102MK non-HAT DAC review)

Found this one, costs around $20: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001587136416.html Besides, is plug&play. Dual DAC: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005914022540.html
  15. Gradius

How good is bad? (Raspberry Pi 4B headphone output DAC review)

So the output is just horrible. What about raspi5 ?
  16. Gradius

HOW? There is no review on ifi. If sounds "smoother" then is NOT transparent.
  17. Gradius

That's just placebo effect. Your brain is playing tricks to you, because you payed more for it, the brain NEEDS to recognize that money spent as "better quality". E50 is transparent, but I have doubts about the ifi.
  18. Gradius

@dominikz still all on UNAUDIBLE domain.
  19. Gradius

TOPPING D90 III、TOPPING D50 III

MQA is all about how they are DESTROYING music/audio. No one (informed) want that lossy crap.
Top Bottom