Search results

1. O

3e Audio SY-DAPx002 TPA3250/TPA3255 DSP Amplifier

Manual says "For SY-DAP2002, as higher output power and power dissipations, beside using a larger heatsink, an active cooling way by using a FAN to have fully thermal management. Please note that there is a FAN noise(>20dB) when is it active trigger by sensor."
  2. O

Starter Oscilloscope - Still Rigol DS1054Z?

Seems to be a good choice. 50MHz bandwidth can be limiting for digital circuitry these days but is plenty good enough for your use-cases. Siglent is the other budget brand. I have a Siglent SDS1204X-E which works really well for me. It has 200MHz bandwidth but cost 2x as much as the Rigol.
  3. O

Minidsp SHD Power Amplifier Review

It is configurable. To Amir's point in the conclusion you can do pretty much anything you want with respect to how inputs are routed and processed.
  4. O

minidsp shd - just bought - nothing seems to work

OP thanks for updating about the problem for future reference. Personally, I'm a bit worried that they use Adobe Air which seems to pretty be much a dead technology. Harman is taking it over... not sure if that is good or bad. Despite my concerns, I've had no issue with their software so far.
  5. O

minidsp shd - just bought - nothing seems to work

For Dirac version 3.0.8 didn't work with the SHD. They fixed it in 3.0.9 released just in the last few days. That output routing looks strange. I've never see that. I would the firmware upgrade again.
  6. O

Combined DAC + Headphone Amplifier under 150$

Topping NX4? It does have a battery but otherwise meets you requirements.
  7. O

Is there a difference between toslink and digital coax?

Yamaha wxc-50 right? I opened the manual and it doesn't look like it supports coax. So that makes the decision easy right? Even if it did support both: It would depend on the bit depth the two interfaces support. Given the same bi depth I think optical is preferred since it guarantees there is...
  8. O

Nasty room mode with near field speaker in the corner. Is there anything I can do?

I am happy to report I had a major breakthrough. I did a few things which greatly increased the quality of sound. Still maybe not as good as it was in the other room position but substantially better. - I plugged the port on the left speaker in the corner - I inverted my subwoofer channel - I...
  9. O

Nasty room mode with near field speaker in the corner. Is there anything I can do?

That graph was a measurement right at the speaker with me manually playing around with REW and Equalizer APO to try and get a flat graph. However DIRAC's measurement is what made me start to focus on that dip as the problem: Yes, I can definitely hear something wrong. Quite likely there is...
  10. O

What can I do to improve the performance of a near field speaker when it is in the corner of the room? I am in my office most of the day everyday. My office serves many purposes: actual office for work, pinball room, PC game room, listening room, and chill area for 1-3 people. The room used to...
  11. O

Audyssey Room EQ Review

Thanks, I was assuming the thing under the Lyngdorf was the amp. What is that then? Edit: Nevermind, you answer in the Lyngdorf review. It is a unused Mark Levinson No 532 power amplifier.
  12. O

Audyssey Room EQ Review

What are those vertical silver boxes on the both side of the cabinet? I've seen those in other pictures but I don't know what they do.
  13. O

Review and Measurements of miniDSP SHD DAC, DSP And Streamer

Take a look at the miniDSP 2x4HD measurements: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-and-minidsp-2x4-hd-dsp-and-dac.2674/ Perhaps this is naive on my part, but I would expect the SHD to perform at least as well as the 2x4HD's analog inputs.
  14. O

Taking actionable measurements

@Blumlein 88 you are a scholar and a gentleman (or gentlewoman). That is an excellent explanation. I understand now. Time domain measurements have always made intrinsic sense to me but I get confused easily in the frequency domain.
  15. O

Okay I am starting to understand. Measured results line up with your prediction. I clearly need to do some more reading.... (As an aside, what is funny is I was working with a customer earlier today about spectrum analyser bandwidth and averaging time. I understand the general concepts but...
  16. O

This was just their default with no adjustments. I know my personal preference would be more bass. I just want to make sure I am measuring correctly and understanding what I am measuring before I start tweak the curve.
  17. O

Thanks. I've been reading about pink vs white noise and your responses make sense with respect to pink noise. However, shouldn't white noise then have a similar SPL? Here is the same sweep with white noise. the graphs are virtually the same except for SPL.
  18. O

Sometimes I feel like I know what I'm doing and others I feel lost. Help me understand my measurements. I have a new MiniDSP SHD with Klipsch Forte speakers and I'm playing around with DIRAC for the first time. RED: No DIRAC. One position measurement Green: DIRAC on. One position measurement...
  19. O

Best way to clean your signal

This is fine. Water doesn't damage electronics when they are powered off and allowed to FULLY dry before powering on. Ideally the water should be deionized first. Using alcohol is better since it dries so much faster but water works too.
Top Bottom