Search results

1. M

Speakers reviewed here at ASR- Mostly from members? Shipped by truck typically?

The reason I'm here for the most part, stem from my considering sending one for test. I've not been particularly at ease in some aspects, looked at a few possible options. Would like seeing' where other's landed.
  2. M

Something like MiniDSP but with compressor/leveler?

I'm looking at MiniDSP to do some eq corrections on a terrible sounding small TV. A nice bonus would be some leveling features as well? Thanks Wayne
  3. M

Effect of multiple crossed tweeters on frequency response

Curious about this and this seems a good place to ask. Here's a pair of examples -one Bose and a Turbosound ip300 which I am considering. Seem there would have to be some interference/interaction? Bose L1...
  4. M

Quick question; donating to ASR sans PayPal

I'd like to make a donation to support the site -by credit card however without the links to PayPal? Thanks Wayne
  5. M

DMAX Audio Super Cubes

I just ran into this quite interesting product. These are a small 5" full range powered system with active DSP intended for close accurate studio monitoring. http://www.dmaxaudio.com/en/sc5 Processing and amps are via an external two space rack . Their page getting into the processing and such...
  6. M

A small 'sound bar like single cab stereo speaker?

I've been looking for small compact speakers for the bedroom tv. Went through and eliminated the typical plastic computer speakers and didn't see good options in the sound bar types. It occurred a cool solution would be a single low profile sound bar type cab with a stereo pair small (3-4"?)...
  7. M

Impulse response = frequency response

https://www.stereophile.com/content/dcm-time-frame-tf1000-loudspeaker I came across this today and am curious about what's being stated about impulse and frequency response in their first five paragraphs here. What's said initially seems plausible, but then they seem to drift off point with the...
  8. M

A few Adcom GFA 555 questions

I've been running this original version of the amp since new -(1985 to 90 perhaps?) and wanted to ask a few questions. First to it's continued safe use given it's age and concern for some very nice speakers I would hate to see harmed. Second is simply might there be possible sonic improvements...
Top Bottom