Search results

1. formdissolve

Extreme Snake Oil

The audio cable burn in tool is $270! https://www.haglabs.com/collections/break-in-devices/products/frybaby3-compact-burn-in-generator
  2. formdissolve

Extreme Snake Oil

Need to burn in your power cord? Now only $189! https://www.haglabs.com/collections/break-in-devices
  3. formdissolve

Why Do You Own Benchmark Products?

I was about to post the same! Makes me want that AHB2 even more
  4. formdissolve

SMSL DO100 PRO - HDMI ARC DAC

Wait, you have to physically turn the switch off on the back of the unit if you switch inputs from ARC just so it shows up active again?? Maybe I'll just stick to USB from my Shield then..
  5. formdissolve

Mofi StudioPhono Stage Review

Can confirm that this sounds a bit "bright" with a Hana SL moving coil cart, as well as a cheap Ortofon Red MM cart. If you can tame it with EQ, it actually can sound pretty good subjectively (although I can't hear above 17khz anyways), and doesn't sound distorted. Definitely more expensive than...
  6. formdissolve

I'd prefer ARC for video sources mainly because a lot of optical ports on TVs are noisy and cause errors with ESS-based DACs. This DAC apparently has user-adjustable PLL so that may not even be an issue.
  7. formdissolve

A surprise on Qobuz...

Correct. I blame the studios!
  8. formdissolve

A surprise on Qobuz...

The entire market does this it seems like. Example from WiiM: https://www.wiimhome.com/wiimpro/technology
  9. formdissolve

Ah yes, I see what you mean. I'm pretty sure optical output will always be 16 bit, 48khz on most TVs when selecting PCM. That's not ideal for Spotify, but it's fine for movies. Downsampling for movies to 44.1 is strange though. I had planned on buying one of these for the ARC support, but if...
  10. formdissolve

There is no upsampling as most audio from video sources (streaming, blu-ray, etc) is 48khz broadcast standard. That is very weird that it sent at 44.1 .. I still want to get one to test it out though.
  11. formdissolve

Absurd Yelp reviews

I got into an argument with someone about a WiFi access point once. The unit used a 10/100 port but it had wireless AC.. which is fine if it's used in a "mesh" situation which could potentially yield faster than 100mbps, but using it as an access point (AP) it was limited to 100mbps (with...
  12. formdissolve

Sony MDRV6 Headphone Review (with/without BRAINWAVZ Pad)

I just installed some Brainwavs pads. It's worth noting that it's a VERY tight fit on these headphones. In fact, I had bass rattling from the left channel after installing and had to slightly pull out the pads to stop it. I wonder if that extreme dip could be the pads physically touching the...
  13. formdissolve

RME ADI-2 DAC FS ESS PLL Issues with TV

Has anyone noticed any errors using the optical port from their TV connected to the ESS version of this DAC? They mention PLL so I am wondering if they did do a custom timing setting compared to Topping etc.
  14. formdissolve

SOLD: Topping D70 Pro OCTO DAC

For sale is a Topping D70 Pro OCTO Stereo DAC. Excellent condition with no scratches or dead pixels on the screen. Sounds excellent! Includes original box and all accessories (such as remote, antenna), upgraded to latest firmware. I cleaned the unit with a supposed anti-dust microfiber towel...
  15. formdissolve

Off Sale: Topping A70 Pro + EXT90

Note: As of April 9, 2024 I am placing this ad on hold while I re-evaluate my main setup. If someone is really interested and willing to pay my asking price, I'd consider selling. Apologies for the inconvenince. For sale is a combo pair of Topping A70 Pro and the EXT90 add-on. Both are in...
  16. formdissolve

What is the point of CD rips?

Yeah and those artists make almost nothing sadly. Another thing I hate about Spotify (and others) is that they don't always assign a unique artist ID in the code so you'll have three totally different artists/bands with the same name sorted under that name - one could be a rapper, another a...
  17. formdissolve

I use Roon almost daily, but feel the software is starting to become a bit bloated and heavy. I've been using foobar for over 20 years so I guess I'm more used to that.
  18. formdissolve

I also still buy CD's for most of the reasons mentioned here. I am not opposed to streaming at all, in fact I have found hundreds of cherished artits from bandcamp, Qobuz, YouTube, etc. If I really like a band I find, I usually try to buy direct from them if possible since they probably make...
Top Bottom