1. T

A Call For Humor!

That’s Colorado every day of the year
  2. T

A Call For Humor!

You can’t make this up
  3. T

Speaker "Speed"

I don’t like you, tried to get the Paradigm Signature Sub 2 out of my head but here it is back again.
  4. T

Speaker "Speed"

No, I mean it wasn’t mass produced and implemented widely until recently. Just because the science was settled 59 years ago doesn’t mean subwoofer manufacturers cared. Maybe I’m mistaken but looking at available products subwoofers have come a LOOOOONG ways in the last decade.
  5. T

Speaker "Speed"

I’m asking because I do not know but what if speed could be the cone not returning fast enough to reproduce the next frequency at a high enough amplitude. I know many subs have been tested by test tones but randomizing test tones at maximum volume over time would the driver of say an 18” woofer...
  6. T

Speaker "Speed"

I would think larger drivers in an apposed configuration would also have a faster transient response. Possibly why the Perlisten D215s measures so well as well as many other subs with this design
  7. T

A Call For Humor!

8. T

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

The difference is PS Audio actually has a couple of good products. Sadly their profit margin on snake oil is much higher.
  9. T

Paid reviewers

I was in auto sales for 20 years. I’d have a lot of people come in and tell me they needed a truck to tow XYZ. I would show them the appropriate vehicle to do the job and then they would see something shiny. I would tell them what they like is probably not appropriate for the job but Mr...
  10. T

Paid reviewers

It’s absolutely not deception and I resent that statement! So long as you aren’t lying or misrepresenting your product there is no deception in marketing to someone’s emotions, It’s simply psychology. Humans typically make emotional and not rational decisions especially when it comes to money...
  11. T

Paid reviewers

Lighten up, the masses don’t read this stuff. I’m a salesman, you don’t get sales by giving too much information, fastest way to turn a buyer into a shopper. People make emotional decisions not logical ones and sales is just catering to this fact. If you own a company that sells things then you...
  12. T

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Now can someone license one from Topping (DX7 Pro or similar) and from it into a nice stereo class D chassis?
  13. T

Paid reviewers

Nothing wrong with marketing. I’m getting ready to run a commercial that will air during the news and look like it’s part of the news. The masses don’t come here or a couple other websites and YouTube channels to get informed. Most people make emotional decisions.
  14. T

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

I’ve decided to start saving for a proper pair of floor standers. I know these would compare very well to the ascend acoustics but what would be the differences in real use? I prefer a slightly more forward sound and a “wall of music”, which might achieve this a little better?
  15. T

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

I “think” it could be perfected at the cost of very complicated crossovers, probably active. The issue is now your defeating the purpose of using inexpensive components which Tekton does. I would much rather see lower cost opposed subwoofers, possibly like the Paradigm Signature Sub 2 but with...
  16. T

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Yep, just noticed the AH thread is gone but the YouTube video is still up
  17. T

AI generated TL speaker

I guess this is why we have peer review, thanks folks… lol
  18. T

AI generated TL speaker

A couple beers in… wondering if anyone is using AI to design speaker boxes yet, specifically TL? I think it would be a neat thing dea if someone created a program with a couple different types of box types and you just plug in the TS parameters to create a box design, it’s all math after all.
  19. T

A Call For Humor!

Maybe someone should find a pair of these speakers, and attempt to replicate the claim
  20. T

A Call For Humor!

Just found this gem today… apparently these speakers will be just fine if the amp is only clipping 10% of the time, I’m sure the amp will be fine to
Top Bottom