Search results

1. S

Study: Headphone Amp Gains: Low or High?

I am using HD600 with Atom. I understand that these tests show that with low gain there is less noise than with high gain. However, when I listen to music it sounds to me that with the gain knob on "High" the sound is more "open" than with low gain, for the same volume level (as far as I can...
  2. S

RME Babyface Pro vs JDS Atom

Thanks everybody, you have been very helpful and knowledgeable! I ended-up ordering JDS Atom+Topping D10. After reading about audio-interfaces for awhile, I understood that choosing one is non-trivial as there are various advantages and disadvantages to each interface. I finally decided not to...
  3. S

Thanks andreasmaaan, here are the specs for my desired sound-card: - Maximum Price - around 700 USD, but I would be very glad to pay less. - Could be a desktop interface - I don't care whether it uses an external power supply or its form factor. - I would like this Interface to be of really...
  4. S

Could you please recommend me such desktop interfaces? Preferably with good headphone amps. It will take me days to research this from scratch...
  5. S

Thanks. Just to make sure I understand - to which volume level should I set BFP in this case, to minimal, medium, or it doesn't matter?
  6. S

That's an interesting idea - to get both. How can I connect the Atom to the Babyface Pro? I don't think the Babyface has non-balanced DAC outputs. In case I connect the Atom to the BFP headphones jack, what volume should I set the Babyface so the Atom works well, without being influenced by the...
  7. S

Using Yamaha Ag03 as a DAC

There is a volume knob that controls the volume coming out of the line-outs. Do you know how I should set this volume in order that the internal amplifier of the Yamaha does not interfere with getting the best sound quality out of the Atom? Do you know perhaps whether the sound quality of the...
  8. S

Using Yamaha Ag03 as a DAC

I am considering buying the JDS Atom amp to use with my Sennheiser HD600. I have a Yamaha Ag-03 audio-interface. Can I use it as a quality DAC (did anybody evaluate it), or should I buy another one, for example Topping D10? Here are the specs of the Yamaha, although I doubt it will help...
  9. S

Very interesting. How does the sound quality of the Clarett (e.g., 2Pre or 4Pre) compare with Atom+D10, e.g., is it uncoloured, clean? I could not find any reviews that address the Clarett capabilities as a headphone amp. Are there any other interfaces with good headphone Amps that you suggest?
  10. S

Will my Sennheiser HD600 sound better with the Topping D10+JDS Atom than with the RME Babyface Pro? I ask specifically about my headphones, not about some super-hard-to-drive planar-magnetic ones. And while I am already asking - will they sound even better with the THX 789+some dac? Story: I...
Top Bottom