Search results

1. Pe8er

What are the three most expensive audio purchases you've made? How would you do you see them now post hoc?

Uh, perhaps hit that "Ignore" button and spare everyone the frustration? Coming back to the topic... 1. Genelec 8351B - best purchase ever. Would buy again, no questions asked. 2. Focal Utopia - got them used, for roughly half the MSRP. Mixed bag: on one hand very impressive sound, on the...
  2. Pe8er

Break from Tekton Thread

They love it for sure. Dogs communicate their emotions and needs in the most fascinating ways, it's absolutely amazing to watch and participate in. BTW Lucy is awesome, I can't get over how she's licking the stuff!!
  3. Pe8er

Break from Tekton Thread

We found snow and the doggo went nuts:
  4. Pe8er

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

IMHO we should do both, in stages. Start with simple and quick stuff: Disclaimers in reviews (to prevent / diminish situations like Tekton one) A welcome message for new members, explaining the purpose of ASR (to set expectations mainly for incoming subjectivists) A strong FAQ section on the...
  5. Pe8er

Help me create a personalized EQ tool

Love the idea. I think a crude but functional MVP is possible with a little shell scripting on MacOs or Linux. Windows probably too, I'm just not familiar with the platform at all. Just thinking it through: (Apologies in advance @Sean Olive , I hope I'm not overstepping here!) - Music source...
  6. Pe8er

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

I do, they sound great.
  7. Pe8er

What pets have you had? Post pics of your pets, previous or now. Why do I love my pet so much?

Ha! He's an English Cream Golden Retriever. Thank you. He's super cuddly towards me and sometimes shy of other people. Incredibly friendly towards all dogs except German Shepperds, because one bit Kobe in the face when Kobe stole his tennis ball.
  8. Pe8er

What pets have you had? Post pics of your pets, previous or now. Why do I love my pet so much?

Such a handsome boy! What breed and how old is he? This is Kobe! He's 3, he's incredibly patient and kind, and he snores. Love him to death.
  9. Pe8er

Maybe Amir should review movie theaters

https://thinkingispower.com/logical-fallacies/#h-i-m-entitled-to-my-opinion
  10. Pe8er

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

With Tool in particular, we can expect amazing packaging. They released "Fear Inoculum" as a 5-record package that is so beautiful, I bought it before I owned a turntable.
  11. Pe8er

@Herbert What is your point exactly? Do you want to count all DOPs in the world to prove that digital is superior? I'm able to recognize pros and cons of each medium. I personally prefer analog and I hope cinema doesn't abandon it.
  12. Pe8er

Agree 100%. Sure, we can spend hours and hours in Lightroom or DaVinci recreating the effect, make a preset and then have an almost identical, perfect emulation every time with a single click. But the beauty of the original is that it's a little different every time, a little unpredictable, a...
  13. Pe8er

That's okay, more power to them. There's probably an equal number of DOP's who prefer actual analog tools.
  14. Pe8er

How to manage the mental somersaults, avoiding brain damage and brain rewiring from reading news?

What do you think about this? https://www.newsminimalist.com/
  15. Pe8er

64 Audio U12t Review (IEM)

If you can't believe it, nobody here will convince you. The only way out of your predicament is to buy both, compare and let us know.
  16. Pe8er

External Volume Control Knob for Computer(PC)

Paging @MattHooper to show off his gorgeous knob, promise you will love it ;)
  17. Pe8er

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

I like her voice a lot. I find a few of her songs genuinely fun and well written. Great energy. Ignore the lyrics for the most part, since I'm definitely not the target audience. @Blumlein 88 what the hell buddy
  18. Pe8er

64 Audio U12t Review (IEM)

The reason you think so is because their marketing worked well on you.
Top Bottom