Search results

1. STUDIO51

Microphones for below threshold of Hearing

I used GRAS 43BB. Obviously, the noise level was low, but the maximum input limit was low. Difficult to measure earphones simulating ear canal resonance (+8 ~ 18dB) at 3kHz In addition, since the microphone diaphragm is very flexible, it is necessary to couple earphones and stabilize for 1...
  2. STUDIO51

Dirac & Roon?

Dirac Bass Controll is not yet supported. But I am looking forward to it. Below is the setting window of my minidsp SHD. As you can see it is roon ready. The minidsp team is increasing roon compatibility through firmware. It will soon be certified by roon.
  3. STUDIO51

Dirac & Roon?

https://www.minidsp.com/products/streaming-hd-series Consider the minidsp SHD series. It is currently a roon ready product and has not yet been certified, but will soon be officially supported. If the NAS is used as a roon core, Dirac and roon can be used without a PC or MAC.
  4. STUDIO51

Streamer/DAC with Dirac

4CH DIRAC works with SHD series. This is convenient when activating an external crossover or integrating a subwoofer.
  5. STUDIO51

Share your in-room measurements?

JBL M2 + AHB2+MINIDSP SHD (DIRAC 2.0 Magenta: DIRAC correction, Gray: DIRAC OFF In fact, the lack of EQ tab in SHD STUDIO failed to duplicate all the presets of the JBL M2.
  6. STUDIO51

KEF Q350 Speaker Review

KEF also seems to be aware of that. Below is a white paper from KEF REFERENCE 5. " The Reference Uni-Q is designed to cover the frequency range from 350Hz upwards. This allows the Uni-Q array to cover the entire critical upper six octaves of the audio band whilst at the same time not requiring...
  7. STUDIO51

New integrated from miniDSP: SHD Power

Please disable the roon bridge plugin. Instead, turn on roon ready in the top right gear-> My Music-> Functionalities Control
  8. STUDIO51

Try disabling roon ready in Volumio and re-enabling it
  9. STUDIO51

Enable volume control in roon's audio settings. I have the same settings as you, but the volume control works fine.
  10. STUDIO51

It does not support Bluetooth, but it supports AirPlay and roon ready (unauthenticated) via Volumio.
  11. STUDIO51

Please explain what I need to make Roon work...

Very good question. At first, I also tried to use it as an LF amplifier and an HF amplifier. But for a better way, I consulted John Siau, president of Benchmark media. He told me: "Crosstalk is never an issue with the AHB2. There will be no audible crosstalk from the AHB2 in any system...
  12. STUDIO51

It's a bit complicated to explain. First, as you can see in the figure, the roon core is a DS218 + NAS. In roon, SHD STUDIO and mac mini are grouped together. Then you may have a question. Why use mac mini? This is because SHD STUDIO does not have a bypass function. I monitor the RTA meter...
  13. STUDIO51

I mainly use two functions. 1. L / R balance of sound image 2. Understanding the dynamic range and peak value of the sound source
  14. STUDIO51

This is my roon setup now. My recommendation is to use the NAS as a roon core. If the file tag is modified after connecting the NAS to macos or windows, it is not reflected immediately. However, the problem does not occur when using the NAS as a roon core. It works fine on my DS218 +, but if...
  15. STUDIO51

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

When used with Benchmark dac, it is turned on and off in the order of DAC-> AHB2. The setting I am using is DAC3-> AHB2-> AHB2. Both AHB2 are turned on and off simultaneously.
  16. STUDIO51

Review and Measurements of miniDSP SHD DAC, DSP And Streamer

Sometimes my SHD STUDIO's sound comes out with L channel and R channel switched. Pressing and holding the volume knob(the power is turned off.) does not return to normal. The only solution is to unplug and plug the DC plug. I am using the roon and dirac live functions, but the left and right...
  17. STUDIO51

How much audio processing does the brain do?

The processing of the brain is important for the information coming into the ear, just like the eye. Such as HRTF (Head-related transfer function). Simply explain : Each person has different factors that affect the sound coming into the ear, such as the shape of the ear, ear to ear distance...
  18. STUDIO51

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

I have two AHB2s, but the new AHB2's click sound us much louder. So I contact Benchmark with the same symptoms. Below is the answer from engineering. "The click is caused by a slight difference in the rate at which the positive and negative rails mute. It is not an indication of a DC offset...
  19. STUDIO51

How you hook things up for testing?

The Audio Precision is very intuitive. When I was a college student, I could spend a day alone and perform most measurements. Bench mode and sequence mode are on the top right. First time users may prefer to use sequence mode. The 1701 is equipped with a speaker amplifier and microphone...
Top Bottom