Search results

1. Jorj

DAC + AMP Suggestions - RF Remote

I'm not thrilled with any of the current headphone DAC\amp offerings with regards to the remote. Most ship with very weak IR remote that has to be quite close and has limited 'off-axis' usability. Has anyone stumbled upon some kit with built-in support for non-line-of-sight remote control...
  2. Jorj

Maybe This Will Make Amir Switch To Vinyl

Cruising Reddit, thought this seemed kind of perfect. @amirm The pink vinyl certainly adds a playful tonality and increases the air around the woodwinds.
  3. Jorj

Where are the other THX AAA amps?

Not talking headphone gear. We've seen the Benchmark AHB2 and its stellar performance, but the cost is, well, too high. Massdrop has shown that the AAA design can be leveraged to wallop the competition in terms of price and specs. I'm wondering now....what is it about the AAA design that we...
  4. Jorj

Playlist Creator?

If you're anything like me, you probably listen to entire albums end-to-end for the most part. I do, on occasion, toss together a playlist, even if it's just my current list of reference tracks for listening tests. My problem is that I use Foobar2000 on Windows, PowerAmp Beta on my Note 8, and...
  5. Jorj

Pad Replacement for Oppo PM-3

For all owners or prospective owners of these excellent little planars, if you're like me, you were bummed to see that Oppo is now out of the audio game. Getting parts is going to be harder, going forward. My ear pads were suffering from cheap pleather leprosy, losing bits and pieces of...
  6. Jorj

Red Hot Ruffled Chili Feathers

I'm certainly going to aggravate a number of folks with this post, but in the interest of science, let's discuss this like rational audiophiles instead of knee-jerk audiophools. I have both the original Rick Rubin 16\44.1 boosted CD to FLAC rips, as well as high quality 24\192 vinyl to FLAC...
  7. Jorj

Monoprice Monolith THX AAA Portable DAC Amp

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24460 Monolith by Monoprice Portable Headphone Amplifier and DAC with THX AAA Technology The Monolith™ THX® Portable Headphone Amplifier and DAC features cutting edge technology to bring out the best in your headphones, playback device, and music...
  8. Jorj

Stereo Amplifiers - 2018 SOTA

I think I understand that all responsibly designed and tested amplifiers capable of 50+ wpc output should sound identical. There just is not a lot that remains to be innovated as far as specifications go, it would seem. Given that knowledge, what should we be looking at for the State-Of-The-Art...
  9. Jorj

Stereo to mono for subwoofer?

This should be easy, but it seems that it's not. I am using my Topping DX7s to directly feed my 2 channel system amp when the HPs are not plugged into the front. All is well. I'm wanting to plug an Elac Debut S10EQ subwoofer in for a bit of low end-fill, but I have no mono outputs, and the sub...
  10. Jorj

Directional Cables And Other Faerie Folklore

As a recovering addict (car stereo....leave me alone...I had lots of windshield time in a past life), I've tended towards an occasional foray into the home audio game. Just long enough to get what I consider acceptable sound, and get out. I'm not sure when this got started, but I saw nothing of...
  11. Jorj

Help needed - USB Type-C to Type-C On-The-Go (OTG)

This forum seems to be loaded up with folks that know infinitely more about electronic circuits than I do, so I'm throwing myself on the tender mercies of the community to see if anyone can help me with this. I grabbed up on of those cheap Sabaj DA3 DACs for fun, and took a look at the included...
  12. Jorj

Ancient Civilization Artifact - Rotel RB-990bx

Just found one of these on eBay and had it delivered. http://www.rotel.com/product/rb-990bx Production range is from 1992-1997, and the serial numbers do not contain date stamping, nor did they track shipment info, so it's in a 5 year range. The fascinating part is that as one should do with...
  13. Jorj

Headphone Amp Ideas - Minus DAC

Hi all, I'm going to recombobulate my desktop HP setup, and want the maximum flexibility for trying out various bits. I want to spend about $300 on a pure amp, no DAC. My reasoning is I have lots of DACs already, and more on the way, and just want to have the cost of the DAC spent instead on...
  14. Jorj

Topping D10 - Info & Where To Buy

I was poking about on the Topping site, looking at the new DX7s and noticed this guy... Hoping to find more information. I was thrilled to see that @amirm found such good results from the DX7 (besting his favorite D30), but sadly that has been discontinued, and it seems that the amp section...
Top Bottom