Search results

1. simbloke

Demagnetizing CDs?! (more Techmoan fun)

Yes, Techmoan reviews a device to demagnetize CDs, with predictable results. Matt must be a lurker here surely?
  2. simbloke

Negative scanning

I've always meant to go back and scan my negatives from years gone by but it looks like I might be leaving it a bit late. Seems like all the big photo players are not in that market anymore. About all I can see in the UK are the £50-100 devices on Amazon that I imagine are not very good, and...
  3. simbloke

Nonsense I fell for...

Recently built a shed and whilst reorganizing 'stuff' I found this Russ Andrews Yello power cable (in a box that should have had some speaker cables). I found an email confirming the order but no price. I have a feeling it was something like £50 - 20 years ago eek! Of course I want to have a...
  4. simbloke

So I thought I would share my first REW measurement

Got my UMIK-1 yesterday so I'm still finding my way around REW, not so easy on a 4K laptop screen, but I digress. What I've got here is an average of 5 (I think) measurements somewhere around where my head should be. As you can see, I have work to do!
  5. simbloke

Suggestions for mobile USB C adapter?

I'm looking for something for my Huawei P20Pro, for use with earphones, when I'm out and about. Not sure if the Apple one will work. Looking through Amazon I can't even tell (for most) if they are even active devices. Seems like a minefield. Sim
  6. simbloke

Hello

Hi, It's nice to find an audio forum where science and testing are respected and the all too common snakeoil (or whatever you call it) is not. I currently run and Odroid C1+ (running Debian and MPD) into a Marantz HD-DAC1. I notice that you have not tested the HD-DAC1 but have tested the...
Top Bottom