Search results

1. M

Measurements of Paradigm 200B Bookshelf

Anyone see any performance measurements on the 200B from Paradigm?
  2. M

Mark Waldrep - AIX Records - YouTube

Mark Waldrep is getting started blogging and has opened up AIX Records over on youtube. Always enjoyed hearing his view on things and after a 2 year absence glad to see him surface again. He sort of was the first person I met at Axpona who was calling out the bs.
  3. M

FS: Selection of AIX Records Blu Ray Discs

Selling a small assortment of audiophile recordings from AIX Records as shown, 8 discs as a complete set only. Will pak safely and ship con US for $60.00, prefer PayPal.
  4. M

Elon Musk - First Mars Colonist

So tired of this guy already, hope he is on the first trip to Mars, even this will not be soon enough.
  5. M

2022 F1 Championship Decided

Okay, I will give Max credit on this one. Dominated the year and pretty easily wrapped up the season with 4 races to go. Truly impressive performance, despite the delay today, this wet race at Suzuka was a great example of a classic circuit. I lose interest watching street circuits and like...
  6. M

Old Gear - Another $75 bucks!

Well...wifey unfortunately broke the on/off button of our Quad 34 preamp (despite my tutorial and warning that it is like 40 years old and needs a gentle touch). Lucky to have a very good elec/service place that does a great job and is authorized for Quad. Needless to say, minimum charge is...
  7. M

Rotel?

Seems like they have made a small series of new introductions. It is a brand that we do not mention much here at ASR, anyone running any of the A series amplifiers, cd players?
  8. M

2021 Monaco Grand Prix

Well qualifying ended with a crash this morning and I predict will start with a crash. I predict a first corner incident with Charles and Max which will take each other out of the race. 1st Valteri, 2nd Lando and 3rd Lewis. Monaco has all the history, glamor and hoopla any fan of F1 could...
  9. M

Suggestions for New Jazz Artists

So for many years I have immersed in a lot of the classic jazz artists and albums. Favorites include: Paul Desmond, Brubeck, Miles Davis, Grant Green, Kenny Burrell, Jim Hall, Wes Montgomery, Oscar Pererson, Bill Evans...and several others. Collected many of the best albums from all of the...
  10. M

What Ceiling Treatment

In a basement listening room, what would be better...leave a suspended ceiling but upgrade the tiles with improved sound deadening ones or take down the suspended ceiling and put up some insulation and dry wall. Floor is a 1/2" cork laminate with an area rug, balance of the room is drywall, two...
  11. M

How to Get People Flying on the 737 Max

Editorial comment appeared today here in the Chicago Tribune... https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/commentary/ct-opinion-737-max-boeing-20201222-n3sez5s46ngsjoohd6nwtzgny4-story.html#nt=related-content&rt=chartbeat-flt My answer would be to tell the airline companies to set up the planes...
  12. M

Amazon Echo Link

I switched over to Amazon Unlimited HD in my condo system a couple of months ago dropping my long held Pandora subscription and more recent Tidal subscription. As a Prime member we shop, watch video and now listen to music via Amazon (going all in with AtoZ is a bit of a concern but that’s...
  13. M

Listing of DAC Chips

Do we have a listing of individual chips, do we have any ranking. Just doing a bit of investigation and looking if we cover anything specifially about the chips on their own.
  14. M

Speaker Upgrades - GR Research

Is anyone following the speaker upgrades by Dan from GR Research. I just followed his 3 part upgrade on the Klipsch RPM-600 on YouTube and what was striking was the build quality of the original. Cabinet, drivers, crossovers and connectors, all were more or less used to keep cost to a minimum...
  15. M

No Longer an Audiophile...

...a friend of ours knows I am into audio gear and this past week asked me to give him a hand. He's into headphones but now wants to put together a 2 way system for listening. So he asks "your an audiophile, right?" and I respond "not really, I am now more of a audio scientist". Anyways...
  16. M

Summer Afternoon Speaker Cables

Mogami W3103, 10ft pair, killed a couple of hours.
  17. M

New Amplifier in the House

After one of those internet surfing moments and a quick click before really thinking it through an Emotiva A-100 Flex Amp showed up via UPS today. Already declared with the one who must be obeyed, I am really looking forward to getting this new addition into service. I actually have had my eye...
  18. M

Less Time to Listen

As usual, the summer months leave me less time to sit and listen. Nice weather, places to go, things to do leave me very little free time to actually sit down to listen. Haven't turned on my main system for over a month at the weekend place and seems I am only getting some casual listening...
  19. M

Indy Cars vs F1

Leaving out performance, I really like the look of the new Indy race cars vs the latest F1 designs. Having watched both the Indy 500 and Monaco F1 Grand Prix this past weekend (thanks to the weather) I really came away with this perception. I know that F1's can stop and go and probably run...
Top Bottom