Search results

1. W

Does silver used in interconnects "sound" different than copper?

This is the kind of schematic you teach in the first week to someone who has absolutely no prior knowledge on electronics. It is nothing novel and well understood theoretically and in practice since 1800's. It might be new and impressive to you, but folk here tend to know a little better.
  2. W

Assessing spatial quality in audio reproduction

This. I've failed a lot in games, but I've never failed to listen a classical recording.
  3. W

Nothing in the cable, but in a poorly constructed amplifier some amount of parasitic inductance in the cable paired with just the right speaker can make it oscillate. Thankfully those rare exceptions are typically reserved for high-end gear.
  4. W

I can't imagine what would be the case where you are making a coil and also worried about the skin effect. But I've been known to lack imagination. Maybe some resonant circuit? (Transformers do not count as coils)
  5. W

I remember seeing a giant tube made of, or coated with silver, and the reason it's existence was of course Skin effect. I don't remember for what purpose it was made, or what the context I saw it was and I can't find anything on google. But clearly it had something to do with incredibly high...
  6. W

DRC: comparing linear phase and minimum phase correction on Binaural Room Impulse Responses

First time I heard about convolution was when I was building a linux box to use as digital (FIR) crossover nearly 20 years ago, and convolution kinda blew me away at that time, but I guess I just forgot about it after and didn't even think about the possibility of using it for simulating room...
  7. W

KGUSS DAC K3 (Chi-fi/Fxaudio x6 competitor)

Has anyone bought or seen this dac/headphone amp? Aliexpress has tons of great reviews on it, but outside of that site, I have not been able to find anyone even mention this dac. It boasts pretty impressive opamps and dac chips for the price of 65 dollars (was under 50 when I bought mine from...
Top Bottom