• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KGUSS DAC K3 (Chi-fi/Fxaudio x6 competitor)

WeirdFM

Has anyone bought or seen this dac/headphone amp? Aliexpress has tons of great reviews on it, but outside of that site, I have not been able to find anyone even mention this dac.

It boasts pretty impressive opamps and dac chips for the price of 65 dollars (was under 50 when I bought mine from aliexpress anniversary sale)

Chipset: CM6642+CS8416+CS4398+TPA6120A2+NE5532P+OPA2134PA

KGUSS-DAC-K3-TPA6120-2-0-MINI-HIFI-USB-DAC-Decoded-Audio-Headphone-Amplifier-24BIT-192KHz.jpg_640x640.jpg

Here's a shot from the inside I took of my unit. Sorry about the picture quality, my phone is old and the camera seems to get worse with every update it receives.

kgusspiirilevy.jpg

Seller's link that has tons of the technical details listed:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KGU...phone-Amplifier-24BIT-192KHz/32963229276.html

Last edited:

FireLion

I got the Dilvpoetry Pro DAC-X6 a few changes over the original design, it has 24/192 via usb not 24/96. The Dilvpoetry sounds good to my ears, seems to have less noise than the original X6. Note they also have one that looks like the original which i think is also 24/96.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HP2R57G/ref=twister_B07HNXYY2L?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

There is also KGUSS mentioned above and a few other similar re-branded variants likr Fosi, SUCA etc.

It also has 2 removable DIP IC's unlike the original which has one. These are all probably built or licensed by FX Audio and tweaked by them or another company to be different.
I like it and might keep it as a backup DAC, sound is crisp and good enough for my ears, it also seems to have a decent amount of gain but I'll be checking to see are the jumpers still there to get more juice out of it. It also comes with a 12v 2a psu which was a suggested mod on the original over the 1 or 1.5a.

These newer versions are certainly an upgrade over the original even if a subtle one.

1564358598694.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom